BRAND NEW - NEED FRIENDS TO KICK MY *kitten*

Options
Hello to all who read this. I am a 24 year old female looking to change my dietary and physical habits in to something that benefits my health. I'd love support. I've never really made a serious go of this before. I'm naturally a very lazy person, unless of course an even lazier person is nearby, in which case I usually try to be very active out of spite of my laziness. I was looking inside my refrigerator trying to figure out what groceries to buy. I realized I was out of Pibb Xtra, my conscience gave me the usual guilt spiel about how that shouldn't go on my grocery list because it's canned sugar acid. This time I EMPHATICALLY AGREED. I SAID "YES, YOU'RE RIGHT, I'M SO DONE WITH THIS!" Made this profile 30 mins later. Going shopping now. Also if you have any theories on how Breaking Bad is going to end, we could talk about that too. So there's always that. :) Nice meeting you all.

Replies

• ina_j
    ina_j Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome MoitleTheToit!

I'm from Canberra, Australia and I only just starting to get back on track to losing weight just over a week ago. Let's support each other and motivate each other. I have found MFP app really helping me to look at what I eat. I am now mindful when I am about to eat my daily calorie allowance.

Good luck! I'm sure we can do it together.
  • DrSchizo
    DrSchizo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lets talk about lazy....I can sleep ALL day and want to take a nap right when I wake up :/ My husband doesn't make things easier for me either cos he can sleep just as much. I was told a while back that I am pre-diabetic. Recently, I was told I have type 2 diabetes. My pharmacist said if the pills I'm taking don't work, I will have to switch to giving myself an injection. I said **** THAT and joined a gym. I've been going 3 weeks now, and I have changed my eating habits (mostly) ....and I still don't see a difference. BUT I know that it takes time (at least thats what people keep telling me) and I have to keep at it. SO if you would like to add me, it may help to see someone else getting exercise and (trying) to eat healthy? But don't blame me if it doesnt work and we end up being lazy together hahaha jk - I seriously remind myself about those shots when I don't feel like going to the gym or when I want soda. I switched to the carbonated flavored water that you can get for $1 just about anywhere. My favorite is coconut pineapple. Sometimes it helps when I add rum :/ ok, so I don't add rum, but it's nice to pretend. Anyway, good luck on your journey and I wish you the best!
  • mamadukes23
    mamadukes23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 23 and also have some of the same problems only, I know what is healthy to eat and know I have to exercise its just I lose motivation after 2 weeks. I have lost 32 lbs but still have another 100 to go. I too am like you and need someone to be like get off your big bum and do something, I need that extra push. I don't watch game of thrones but I can support you on your journey to be healthy :)
  • benjicloverdale
    benjicloverdale Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sorry...don't watch BB. Doctor Who, on the other hand...
  • ChadsWife10
    ChadsWife10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 34 and have struggled with being overweight all of my life. At my heaviest I weighed 323 pounds, and I am now at 160 at 5ft 1. I am really having an issue getting down to the right weight for my height seeing as I have some really serious health problems and suffer from constant pain ( in my back) which makes exercising very difficult. A friend of mine introduced me to this site and I have been using it now for almost a week now and I have found it to be very helpful in keeping track of how many calories I am consuming and how many I am burning. I really like how it lists even simple things such as housework. You sound like you are just as new to this site as I am, which is pretty cool; feel free to add me, I would love to help you and maybe we could help each other and keep each other motivated; give one another suggestions!
  • ChadsWife10
    Options
    I can relate to what you said. I was told exactly the same thing a few years ago that I was a pre-diabetic and started making some changes. With the horrible condition that my back is in and the other medical issues that I have it makes exercising difficult and very very painful, but I am doing low-impact type things that are easy on my back with the suggestion from a trusted friend. It does take time to notice a difference when you first start out. I topped off at 323 in 2007, and It took me what felt like forever to take off most of it. It was at least 6 weeks before I started to see a real difference, so don't get discouraged. I am now down to 160 pounds, and have about 22 pounds more to lose to be at the right weight for my height. If I can do it, I know you can!
  • ChadsWife10
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!! That is fantastic!!!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! :happy:
    Most of the people here are supportive and will help motivate, support, and kick-*kitten* [me included]. I'm happy to have random chats tooooo :bigsmile: Also, I'm 20.

Feel free to add me - it's an open invite! :drinker: