New here starting lifestyle change need friends support

Options
Hey everyone just found this site seems like a great place. I have never really worked out or anything or taken being healthy serious but that is all changing. Just joined a gym, gave up a lot of the bad diet habits I had, and I am committed to changing my lifestyle and becoming much healthier. My overall goal is to lose 50 lbs. I would like to lose at least 20 by the end of the year. I plan on eating much better, and working out 5 days a week. Looking for friend to offer support, encouragment, and advice I will be glad to offer the same in return.

I love sports, history, politics, nature, cooking, so if anyone is into those things and would like to chat on anything else feel free to as well.

Replies

• SMKW91
    SMKW91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just found this site also. I have tired working out before but something always got in the way. I am here to change my life for good. I have a goal of 20lbs before the end of the year as well. I love cooking and being outside with animals (I have goats, chickens, rabbits, and pigs)....I know we both can reach our goals and I know we can both stick to working out.
  • sheilahealth167
    Options
    Hello. I started weight watchers this week and found this site while looking for points. I also have the Myfitnesspal app on my phone but I was never diligent about it. I have been working out FAIRLY consistently for about two years now. I am down about 30 pounds (up and down) now from exercising those two years but I am so proud of my cholesterol. Those numbers are great now!

I am in a week and one-half exercise slump but I'm going to get back at it. We started ww at work this week, so HERE WE GO! Depending on whose chart you look at, I need to lose a lot of weight. I really want to slowly lose 30 more pounds, but my most immediate goal is 12 pounds.
  • jessicaallen1996
    jessicaallen1996 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hello!! im semi new as well!! i have a goal of 75 pounds by next june so i can join the military! but my short term goal is 30 by december 1, 2013. would love to chat with you and help each other!
  • mariejamerson
    Options
    Hi all I'm Marie just found this site myself i have a 50lb total weight lost, hoping to reach it this time next year. I have a thyroid problem, actually had my thyroid remove a few years back, since then having problem with my weight. I tried everything hope this one is my last stop.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Been here for a while now, but feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on MFP for a while off and on, but now I'm on here for good! Feel free to add me if you wish!
  • tarsha426
    tarsha426 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me. We are all looking for motivation have to stick together.:smile:
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Any of you feel free to add me. I've tried every diet out there: Weight Watchers, Diet Center, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, cabbage soup, etc. I've struggled with my weight all my life, but believe I've found the secret. And, yes, the secret is diet AND exercise. When I was young, I could lose weight fairly easily but not so as I got older. A year and a half ago, I started over again and have lost 65 lbs so far. Being an older female, MFP set me up on a 1200 cal food plan and I often eat back most (or all) my exercise calories now that I am close to goal weight. I use a Fitbit One and find it very motivating to get me to move more. I exercise at the Y about 5 hours a week, both aerobic and strength training classes, plus I walk five miles or more each day. Once I incorporated regular, consistent exercise into my life, I began to lose weight every week, with no plateaus until I got fairly close to goal weight. I enjoy the inspirational stories that I get from my MFP friends and in the general community.
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just recently joined as well, lovely to meet everybody :-)

I'm Kay, feel free to add me :-)
  • babyrizz91
    Options
    Hey I'm new as well an my Goal is to lose 75lbs also !! Would love to be a friend ! ????
  • Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new, I've been on for 50 days but I have achieved some great results. I'd love some more like minded friends.

My original goal was 65 pounds in a year, I've lost 22 in 50 days through dedication and hard work and haven't felt this great in years. I'm really hoping for another 20 by the end of the year and the remaining by April 1. Lofty goals, but I'm up for the challenge!!
  • foodaholic11
    foodaholic11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! Been on here for a few months now. Looking to add some more friends. I started losing in January this year so was at it for a while before I found this site. I try to motivate and encourage all my friends on here every day.
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    Hello there!! ADD me too :) I have to loose 63 lbs!!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm keen! :bigsmile:
    I'm active and am always willing to be there for people - everyone included! I'm always up for chats and I totally understand how difficult weight loss could be which means heaps of support, motivation, and being there for one another!
    Feel free to add me peeps! :drinker:
  • Kate814
    Kate814 Posts: 145
    Options
    I haven't been around MFP long, but I'm not new to health and fitness. I'm taking my personal training certification soon, and starting grad school this year in a health care field. Always glad to share what I know and be motivated by everyone else here :)
  • fabtofat
    fabtofat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off on MFP. It would be nice to have people who could provide mutual support in achieving this goal of getting fitness right. Please feel free to add me.