Whoa! You're gonna wanna read this...

Options
So call me crazy, BUT, the other day I bought some folate/folic acid vitamins to help my hair grow faster, and I took only one little pill/vitamin. Very small.
That night, I broke my plateau! The next morning I weighed less than since I can ever remember (121.6!!!!)
The next day, my weight STILL went down (.2 lbs, but still, 121.4!)
Last night (the next day) it went down AGAIN! (121.2!!!!) small amounts, but still almost a pound in three days!!

I am ecstatic and ha wondered how I broke my plateau, and this thought didnt cross my mind till I saw the vitamins on the counter just now. I researched them just a little bit and it says they can boost your metabolism.

*geeked*

Just thought I'd share with anyone interested in something like this!

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Wow, did they supress your appetite?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Crazy.

You said to.
  • spirit2nd
    spirit2nd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If I remember right, B vitimans have a slight diuretic effect. But if it helps get you off the plateau, count your blessings.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    BRB need to pop some pills.
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good question, I recently just went from 1200 calories to 1500 (so maybe this explains the weight loss, idk) but, I've been feeling quite stuffed because of that. Suppress my appetite? I don't think so... Then again I'm a bored eater! Lets put it this way, I ate at meal times regardless if whether I noticed I was hungry or not. But remember I had only taken ONE and all this happened. Like I said, call me crazy!
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    Lol, literally just said that again hahaha
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    Who is brb???
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It's unlikely to be pill=overnight weight loss.

Consider this from wikipedia:
    "Post hoc ergo propter hoc, Latin for "after this, therefore because of this", is a logical fallacy (of the questionable cause variety) that states "Since Y event followed X event, Y event must have been caused by X event." It is often shortened to simply post hoc. It is subtly different from the fallacy cum hoc ergo propter hoc, in which two things or events occur simultaneously or the chronological ordering is insignificant or unknown, also referred to as false cause, coincidental correlation, or correlation not causation.

"Post hoc is a particularly tempting error because temporal sequence appears to be integral to causality. The fallacy lies in coming to a conclusion based solely on the order of events, rather than taking into account other factors that might rule out the connection."
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's unlikely to be pill=overnight weight loss.

Consider this from wikipedia:
    "Post hoc ergo propter hoc....

I love this!
    I can never remember the Latin terms. I have a friend that is always making these kind of illogical correlations - "It can't rain today. I wore my red shoes. It never rains when I where red shoes." :noway:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Who is brb???

Mr. "Be Right Back"
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    Hahahha! Bad joke bad joke!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!