whats the lowest calorie option???

Options
im going out to eat tonight with the hubs and another couple...i reaaly want to order something that wont break the calorie bank. i would like to avoid getting a salad if possible....any suggestons?

heres the link....

http://www.michaelalberinis.com/alberinis_menu.pdf

TIA!!!!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It all looks dangerous to me. Drink lots of water, only eat half a portion and enjoy. I wouldn't worry about it to much.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Mussels Italiano for app

Miso Salmon with baked potato (ask if cooked in butter, oil, salt-if so ask for it without) Ask for all sauces on the side.

Or the Cedar Plank Salmon ( now my mouth is really watering....) I love this dish.....so much flavor.

or Fire grilled Mahi Mahi......firm flavorful fish (sauce on side)

you can ask for your veggies steamed with herbs instead of sauteed.......which will mean oil or butter..

Frutti di Mare (Fruits of the Sea) is sooooooooooooo good. ask for angel hair on the side

Anything "asian" style will be loaded with sodium.........and likely cooked with tons of oil.

DO NOT BE AFRAID to ask questions and order special. I was in the biz for ever and dad owned a place......we would rather you order what you love and come back, than avoid the place because you gained 2 pounds!!:wink:

Ok, now I am hungry!! Have FUN!!:laugh:
  • megilbert
    Options
    i was thinking the 8oz filet with veggies or the fruits of the sea pasta..no clams or mussels..hmm
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    For some reason I love when people ask for restaurant meal suggestions, I find it so much fun to look at menus and pick what I'd order! :)

This is what I would order:
    Appetizer: either the Island Ceviche or the Ahi Sashimi
    Main: either the Miso Salmon or the Fire Grilled Mahi or the 8oz Filet Mignon with side of seasonal vegetables

I'd also have a glass of wine with dinner and I'd skip dessert.
  • im going out to eat tonight with the hubs and another couple...i reaaly want to order something that wont break the calorie bank. i would like to avoid getting a salad if possible....any suggestons?

heres the link....

http://www.michaelalberinis.com/alberinis_menu.pdf

TIA!!!!

I could be wrong, but after perusing that menu I don't really see a "low calorie" option. If it were me .... I'd just go out and enjoy the great food this place has to offer!! It would be difficult to tell which option would be lowest without nutritional facts .... Which this site doesn't seem to offer. I suppose that if you want to avoid a salad that the lowest is probably a simple .... LUCIOUS .... steak with a salad, and/or other side. But just so you know I said it the first time .... I'd order whatever I felt like getting!! This place is expensive, and I'm going to guess it's probably not somewhere you go just for a dinner out .... If this is a restaurant that's special, or the occasion tonight is special .... Just enjoy the food selection you make! OH .... My only other question for you .... CAN I COME WITH!! LOL!! I hope you have fun and enjoy your dinner, Tia!!
  • megilbert
    Options
    thanks! i feel more confident now!
  • megilbert
    Options
    thanks! i feel more confident now!
  • Mookz0r
    Mookz0r Posts: 143
    Options
    Yes, I'd also just go out and enjoy the meal!

I haven't had a look through the menu, but an easy way I found to not have so many calories is to ask for potatoes to be replaced with more veg or to go with whatever option doesn't come with pasta (high proportion of pasta to sauce)... or only eat half the rice they may serve with the dish.

If you have an option, go for a seafood platter - not only is it scrummy, but also really good because you have to pick out your food - so you actually don't eat that much whilst being very busy!

The main thing though is to enjoy yourself - I went out for a buffet brunch yesterday and only ate seafood (soooooo lush!) and, er, yeah, a good few puddings - totted it all up on here and it came in at a stonking 2500 calories for the meal (?!!!!!!).... got on the scales this morning and found I've lost 600g (1lb) compared to the same time yesterday! lol
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Everything looks yummy. I think you should just order whatever looks good to you BUT only eat half a portion. Ask for a box and take the rest home for later in the week. The other option I might consider is to order a couple of appetizers and ask that they be brought with the dinners.