question about your ticker

Options
Do you have your starting weight as the weight you started using MFP, or your heaviest weight? I just want to hear what other people think.

Replies

• chubber231
    chubber231 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine is when I started MFP.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    same here, which happens to be my heaviest weight.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I was considering asking the same. Mine is my starting MFP weight. I was about 15 lbs heavier a few years before that though. Some days I consider changing it so I see a big number lol
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Mine are one and the same.

I will caution you against using your heaviest weight if you lost a ton of weight before MFP because you'll open yourself up to people questioning "You lost 125 lbs since May 2013?!" and you'll have to explain it often. I'm not saying DON'T do it, it's totally up to you...just sharing a potential complication.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Weight when starting here.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Both are the same.............. heavy weight was steady for months when I started.\I was weighed at the doctors the day I signed on here.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Actually started watching what I ate, then found MFP and started here, then went to my Dr about a week after that and got my Starting weight. May have lost a bit before I actually l new where I was starting at/
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I reckon when you start here, make sure you list your pre - MFP victories in your profile, If people are interested in your journey they can look there. (if you make your profile open , you can still close your diary.)
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I losy about 90lbs before mfp, I just strted my ticker at zero when I started MFP.
  • LSeales
    LSeales Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I lost weight prior to starting MFP too. My ticker is what I have lost using this site only. I did make sure that I posted on my profile my heaviest weight, my starting weight on here, and my current weight. Gots to give myself credit you know. :wink:
  • haunstar
    haunstar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for all the input!! I will update my profile to reflect some additional successes:)
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP. I was afraid to weigh myself for the first several weeks of my new eating plan, so when I found MFP I found the courage to get on the scale. I don't know what my high weight was.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Backdated it to my heaviest weight and the ones I could remember, keeps me motivated when I look back!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    For a while, it was my weight when I started MFP, but then I changed it to reflect my entire weight loss.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Both. After surgery I couldn't run (or even move much) for two months so I ballooned up in an amazingly short amount of time to the highest weight I'd ever been, including while I was preggo. Two years later still not pre-surgery weight (128 lb) but whatever. I'll get there when I get there.
  • SerenitiC
    SerenitiC Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started here a few months ago, and had my original last weigh(I think I'd had my weight checked that week) Well my motivation was lacking and I ended up ignoring this site for a few months. My original motivation, plus a local friend has helped me jump back on the "I can do it!" wagon. S I had to add my new weight(eek!)

So now I have a icky 'sudden' jump in weight, but at least I'm at my true weight on here.
  • haunstar
    haunstar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks again for everyone that responded!!
    :)
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Mine is a little different. I have a lot of weight to lose, and that number was too daunting to see every time i log in to mfp. So, I set my tickers to 10% of my current weight, to make it a little easier for me. When I reach that goal, I will change it to another 10% of the current weight at goal.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    mine is just what it was when I started mfp I had lost 10 pounds before starting
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I used to be 20kg heavier than I am now.... but that was almost 10 years ago. I'd feel silly putting that on my ticker!