What is the laziest thing you ever saw?

Options
Was just thinking about this. I once saw a parent pull their car out of their garage, drop their kids off at school and then go home and park in the garage again. They lived literally across the road from the school entrance. It would have been 50 yards maximum to walk from their front door to have the kids right in the school grounds. It was also a dead end street, they wouldn't even had had to walk across the road. The mind boggles.

There must be plenty of other "strange but true" observations out there.

Replies

• dimam13
    dimam13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i drove to pick up a friend at the end of the street...7 houses down
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I saw a person literally STANDING on a STILL treadmill watching the TV on it.
    ....Exercise done wrong.
  • BlueOrchidMoon77
    Options
    My disgusting waste of a cousin who is in his 30's, lives with his mother, and doesn't work took a piece of her oxygen tubing and cut it. He used it for a straw. He stuck it in a 2 liter of soda that sat on the floor while he sat in the recliner and watched TV. Laziest thing I've ever seen. It almost embarrasses me to say this is one of my blood relations.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My disgusting waste of a cousin who is in his 30's, lives with his mother, and doesn't work took a piece of her oxygen tubing and cut it. He used it for a straw. He stuck it in a 2 liter of soda that sat on the floor while he sat in the recliner and watched TV. Laziest thing I've ever seen. It almost embarrasses me to say this is one of my blood relations.

Gotta admit, this made me laugh ridiculously hard. And I feel pretty terrible about it.
  • BlueOrchidMoon77
    Options

Gotta admit, this made me laugh ridiculously hard. And I feel pretty terrible about it.

Oh, it's funny, disgusting, but funny. Glad it made you laugh.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options

Not sure I can top this one. So I'm not even gonna try.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    A kid walk right past, I mean, RIGHT PAST a garbage can and throw his cup on the ground. I wanted to pull my car over and throat punch the little baZtard.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Most recently, last night whilst the hubby and I had some beers and NY style pizza at a local bistro. I watched about an 80 year old man (I think he was the father of the owner) who was somewhat handicapped (walked with a bad limp & hunched over) bring out a bunch of to-go/catering stuff and set it on the bar next to us. Then once all the stuff was ready, I watched him load it all up into the catering truck while all the young, lazy-*kitten* servers stood around doing nothing, 2 of which I am pretty sure are his grand-daughters! I looked at my husband and said "AYFKM right now!?" It really pissed me off to no end. I guess because I have a 95 year-old grandpa and a 70 year old father-in-law and have a soft spot for my elders, and I managed several years in the hospitality industry and if those were my servers I would have busted their balls immediately and made them help!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    My friend made this thing he called his "lazy stick."

It was basically one of those claspy rods old people use to reach things up high. He then went to work duct taping extensions on it like a pencil backwards so he could hit buttons on his radio with the eraser. There were magnets glued on it, a cup holder at the base. In sure I'm not giving it justice and wish I had a picture. It was getting really impressive as time went on. We were all amazed when he attatched a red light pointer at the end to more accurately target reaching for things from his bed...which was of course was equipped with a dorm fridge right beside it. The funny thing is he was in really really really good shape but weed really stepped up his ingenuity to be lazy to a whole new level.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    there are too many to count. People leaving coffee cups everywhere..right in my office pantry, people leave it on the table as if someone is coming to clean up behind them while the trash can is just 1 feet away.
    People pick up some things from a shelf in grocery store and then decide they dont need it and leave it wherever they are at the moment they decide not to buy.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    A kid walk right past, I mean, RIGHT PAST a garbage can and throw his cup on the ground. I wanted to pull my car over and throat punch the little baZtard.

You should have done it. Littering makes me crazy. My kids cringe when the see someone litter around us because they know I will say something about it. I have also made it a habit to pick up trash instead of just walking by it. People look at me like I'm crazy, but I hate seeing trash on the ground.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    It should also be noted that it really peeves me when I see people abusing handicapped placards & the little motorized carts in gorcery stores. Like we know you're really NOT hanicapped, you're just LAZY AF! :grumble:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I was watching the TV and couldn't reach the remote 10 feet away, So I called my youngest son down from his room and asked him to hand me the remote. He was pissed LOL. Not so much lazy as much as me having some fun...but yeah a bit lazy :-)
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    At Christmas when I plug the tree's lights in... they're on a remote control. :bigsmile: