Just trying to reach my goal.. I need support

Options
Hi, I'm 5'6 and I weigh 168 pounds. My ultimate goal is to loose about 30 pounds in 7 months. I will be turning 21 in April, and I just really want to be at my best. Does anyone have any advice or good ideas to help me keep on track?

Replies

• sedwards91
    Options
    I have lots of advice and ideas and sent you a message
  • Gummibear111
    Options
    I'm the same as you just started an need support also trying to lose 30 pounds I think you can do it just focus on what you have to gain :)
  • roseagra
    Options
    Hey Ash best of luck with it! Well stuff that has worked for me (and I'm just on track again post ankle op!) is finding healthy food that I like or love (I've had feta salads for breakfast the past two days and loved them! :P). It might take a while but record them because the day you are having cravings is the day you'll forget! I have a board on pinterest for my healthy food ideas, things that I find from other places and when I make something I really like I take a pic and pop it up! works as a good reminder and saves the recipe for me too.

Then for exercise again find stuff you like to do, I've just taken up kettlebells and really like them, doing two classes per week (tue and thur) and I'm getting the help of a friend to put together a strength/resistance training day for Sat so I have a day between each for my muscles to recover. You really should get into strength training, it'll speed up things so much and you'll get toned! (which is also my plan) I was reading that things like squats, lunges, dips, chest presses (i.e. compound exercises) are best as you have to use multiple muscles and it is more of a natural movement. Starting out it's enough to use your body weight. then for cardio, well I've also read that doing good strength training circuits covers that but if you have the time again find something you enjoy. I'm working up to doing HIIT but don't feel strong enough yet, it means a harder time in the gym but less time and more results (or so they tell me!!)

Best of luck, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask, my diary is open and if you have any ideas pass em on!!

oh and add me if you like, I'm looking for a few more friends for motivation myself!! :D