Shakeology Cleanse Help

Options
I'm in Day 1/Shake 2 of the cleanse and I am gagging! This stuff (chocolate) is NASTY. It tastes like I am eating straight cocoa powder.

Is there anything I can do to improve the flavour while staying within the confines of the cleanse? HELP!

Replies

• spetersen
    Options
    I'm sorry this won't answer your question but can you tell me a little about the cleanse. I just order 30 days worth of the chocolate Shakeology and should be getting it soon. I planned on replacing my breakfast daily. Is there some sort of cleanse that can be tried?
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I should also note that I added extra water (almost twice as much).

I'm determined to do this thing in its entirety. I'd just like it to be a little more pleasant!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate shakeology in a blender with:

1 scoop of chocolate shakeology
    1 tray of ice
    1 cup of water or almond milk depending on calorie needs for the day
    1 or 1/2 banana

it's super good that way - my mom loves it with Blueberries too.

You can have fruit on the cleanse. I've done it twice and loved it, i really had amazing results!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
    Steve
    KnightFit.com
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you added a lot more water, that's taking away from the flavor of the shake...try it with just what they suggest because I've heard they're amazing and I'll be starting my own Shakeology cleanse next week!
  • kylielouttit
    Options
    If you added a lot more water, that's taking away from the flavor of the shake...try it with just what they suggest because I've heard they're amazing and I'll be starting my own Shakeology cleanse next week!

I've tried it both ways (with 1c water and come ice and with double water). Either way, it's not amazing!

I'm going to try the suggestion of the banana and a whole tray of ice.
  • kylielouttit
    Options
    I like the chocolate shakeology in a blender with:

1 scoop of chocolate shakeology
    1 tray of ice
    1 cup of water or almond milk depending on calorie needs for the day
    1 or 1/2 banana

it's super good that way - my mom loves it with Blueberries too.

You can have fruit on the cleanse. I've done it twice and loved it, i really had amazing results!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
    Steve
    KnightFit.com

Thanks! I am going to try this tomorrow. What does it do to the texture? I'm thinking with a whole tray of ice that it would be super thick. Does it cut the bitterness?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    The banana does A LOT to help with the texture of the shake. Add lots of ice and blend really well. I think adding more liquid helps too.
  • MissyMorganFit
    Options
    KYLIE! Why didn't you send me an email? I am trying to figure out what you did wrong because I have NEVER until now had anyone say they didn't like it. First, be sure you are mixing the shake well in a blender. For the cleanse specifically, you should use water ONLY....NO milks or juices! ONLY if necessary use part of a banana. Mix the Shakeology with 10oz of cold water & ice. I personally use 1full cup of ice to make it thick like a shake. You CAN add an extract if you want for flavoring such as vanilla, mint, or coconut. Try it this way & let me know if it works out better for you. :wink:
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    During the cleanse, to get past the sweetness of the shake. I cut it to 3/4 scoop and 1 tsp of yogurt. The yogurt puts a huge dent in the sweetness so I could drink it.

NOW: I actually still use only 3/4 scoop but I use 2% milk (8oz) or almond silk milk original. Or add a little vanilla too. It is so YUMMY!!!!!!! I sometimes drink an extra one during the day, because I love the taste so much!!!

I HAVE ZERO CRAVINGS!!! No binging, no falling off the wagon. I refuse to go a day without my shake!!

So cutting the portion down for me did not affect the shakes benefits. Also I use to be pooped at the end of everyday. That is not the case anymore. I can do extra things and no longer cancel things because I don't have the umph to do it!!! Today just for fun did another 2 mile walk before it got dark.

Hope this helps you out for drinking shakeology.

:-)
  • turbojanem
    Options
    i've been drinking the chocolate for 6 weeks now. my FAVE way is with my morning coffee:
    1 scoop choc Shakeology
    1 cup cold coffee
    1 cup almond milk
    1/4 c pumpkin puree
    blend, add ice till thick.

2nd fave:
    1 scoop chocolate
    1 c almond milk
    1/2 c water
    1 Tbs Almond butter
    blend, add frozen strawberries till thick.
  • blacknight7748
    Options
    I might be an idiot but what is a cleanse? Colon cleanse? All I could think of. Took this magnesium sulfate crap once and felt like i was going to throw it up but thats my extent of knowledge coming with that. I normally have over 1000 net calories to eat still after exercising so i could easily fgit this in.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I've never done the cleanse, cause that kind of thing isn't for me...but I do have chocolate Shakeology daily.

However, I NEVER have it with plain ol' water. GROSS! I always use almond milk (or at least skim milk) and some other tasties...

Milk with Shakeology makes it taste like a chocolate milkshake that we all know and love. But you can add things like peanut butter to make it taste like melted Reeces Cups...or berries and almond extract...or just a teeny bit of peppermint extract and it tastes like a chocolate candy cane. :)

But with plain water and ice, you'll hate it. :) Experiment with some recipes until you find one you like.