Tough L-O-V-E

Options
Hi! My name is Emily, and I am carrying over a group of a few people from another website that shall not be mentioned. No hard feelings, but we all figured why pay for what we can get for free over here? We've been together for a few years now and have "seen" each other through a lot: births, breakups, success, failure. We're interested in continuing that group dynamic, but have discussed that a little new blood might not hurt to get us reinspired. We've been stalled for quite some time now, checking in every now and then because we've come to regard each other as close friends, not necessarily because we're exactly motivated toward perfection in our health and fitness goals. :)

I haven't poked around much within this site's community, so I hope this is the proper forum for me to post this introduction. There doesn't seem to be a "groups" function, so I figured I'd spill it all here for you all to see.

Have a great day and happy healthifying!

Emily

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you, this is a great site with lotsof lovely people

:-)
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP.
  • emilyeatsanddrinks
    emilyeatsanddrinks Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Wow guys! Thanks for the lovely welcome! Glad to be here. Kristin and Jen should be over shortly. :)
  • kristinmichele1215
    kristinmichele1215 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi EMILY! And everyone else, what a warm welcome! :love:

I'm happy to be continuing our journey to health together!!

Cheers!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is awesome and people are wonderful here :) You are gonna love it here :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - there are a ton of great people on this site. All willing to help out when needed. All you have to do is ask.
    I hope you and your group like it here.
    Steph
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Welcome welcome! :-)
  • AngieGayle
    Options
    Welcome. I've only been on here since September but so far have been welcomed with plenty of support. Hope you like it here.

Angie
  • MystcDrmr
    MystcDrmr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hi welcome to MFP gl on your journey nice to meet you
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

A lot of us have come from other sites (me included!)

I think you'll like it here :flowerforyou:
  • kristinmichele1215
    Options
    First Question:

How do you designate a place for you to "chat" regularly with the same people? There is not a section for groups, do you just start a thread in the Motivation and Support Section and continue to post there? Is there a way to mark "favorite" threads so that you can get back to them easily?

Thanks for any help!
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Welcome! You will like it here...everyone is so supportive :smile:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    First Question:

How do you designate a place for you to "chat" regularly with the same people? There is not a section for groups, do you just start a thread in the Motivation and Support Section and continue to post there? Is there a way to mark "favorite" threads so that you can get back to them easily?

Thanks for any help!

You can "chat" by posting on your home page, which only your friends can see... or yes, you can create a thread specifically for your friends in the "chit chat fun and games" section, although anyone can post there and read it.
  • RmIIImc70
    RmIIImc70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new here from that other paid weight loss tracking site too. I was so disappointed that they refuse to create apps for multiple devices even while charging for the site acess. I am getting used to this site quickly. I love the app for my android phone. I love the progress ticker and the people in the community are so nice and welcoming.

good luck on this site.

Rmmc
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow guys! Thanks for the lovely welcome! Glad to be here. Kristin and Jen should be over shortly. :)

I am here! (and glad to see you and K here! I miss you guys! - Now where is Marc?)
  • emilyeatsanddrinks
    emilyeatsanddrinks Posts: 624 Member
    Options

I am here! (and glad to see you and K here! I miss you guys! - Now where is Marc?)

Mahc? Mahc? Jen wants to know where you are!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love this site...This is only my 4th week on here, but I fell in love right away (and I usually get off track w/in a couple days of something new, if that tells ya anything).

Feel free to friend me if ya need some more motivation (I just hope ya keep an open food diary - I love snooping in them) :)
  • sgeorgia
    sgeorgia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    welcome! I too used "another" site and was paying - could not believe that i found the same thing and possibly better for FREE!
    You will find some very supportive and motivating folks on here. Many have been a huge help for me.

good luck!
  • kristinmichele1215
    Options

Mahc? Mahc? Jen wants to know where you are!

LMAO! :laugh: