Success... Measured by me :)

FemininGuns
FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Well, I have a new profile pic... You can take a look at it... Definitely a change from June to October 2010 - I think. I lost 13 pounds (started at 144 - this morning weighed 130 - still wasn't a weigh-in day, that's why it's still working out to be 13lbs) so far and am feeling freakin' fantastic!!! I am on my way to my ultimate goal of going to compete in Miss Figure 2011!

I know that some of you are here trying to lose like A LOT of weight... I am here to lose another 6-8lbs for competing... And, I think our journeys are much of the same even though our goals might be different. I started in June of this year - this was after a whole crap of stuff happening in my life (including almost dying from complications when giving birth to my daughter - who didn't make it...). Anyway, to make a long story short, I was on bed rest for 12 weeks - was totally out of shape and weighed 147lbs. I'm only 5'4" - so that looks like a lot on a short frame (in my opinion). And, I was a super active person before I got pregnant. Talk about stuff being hard on the head - I had such a hard time knowing that I HAD to be on bed rest... I was mentally unhappy because I couldn't do anything that made me feel alive!

Anyway, assessing were I was in my life and how I hadn't felt that great since February... June I got cleared to exercise again - Yipeee!!! I decided to revive my life-long dream of competing. Getting in the best shape of my life and then winning a competition. So I decided to do it in the name of my daughter - Rosalie. She wouldn't want me to be so out of shape, depressed and unhappy. So, I went at it in June... Gym 4 times a week, cardio 3 times a week. Following a diet plan, eating 6 times/day. Losing about 1lb a week. Then stepped it up a notch this week and have seen results so far.

Even though I've lost weight and have been getting into some old jeans - the biggest success in all of this is getting my happiness and love for life back! Every day, I am so thankful to be able to move, to exercise, to have energy ALL DAY, and feel awesome. I love being able to smile, and feel it from the inside. To be able to love my family and myself again. I love hearing my husband say: "I thought I had lost you, but you're back and I am so happy!"

Anyway, that's my story so far. Good luck to everyone! xox

Replies

• jantawa
    jantawa Posts: 182 Member
    You look (and I'm glad you feel) marvelous:) Welcome back!!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story! Success is not always measurable, so glad to hear you've rediscovered a passion for life. good luck in your competition too!
  • katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    Im 5"4 too.. all my flab sticks to my hips so i look short and wide =/
    Congratulations on your progress x
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    What an inspiring story! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and be sure to include a photo when you win the competition!
  • You look great... You sure can tell a difference... Very inspiring...
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Wow! Your story brought tears to my eyes hun. I'm so sorry for your loss xx But I'm so happy you're back!!

You look FANTASTIC!! And well on your way to winning that comp.! Make sure you do, we'll be rootin for ya!!

:flowerforyou:
  • kyenne
    kyenne Posts: 22
    What an amazing story you have congratulations you look fabulous. Good luck in your competitions, if you maintain this attitude you'll win for sure!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!