Stress is keeping the weight on! Tips?!?

Options
Hi everyone! Any tips on how to deal with stress?? [I've some done the relation stuff...ie, aroma therapy, breathing techniques, yoga, and I've even purchased an alarm clock that plays soft sounds like ocean waves at night.) It's really affecting me physically, and most certainly taking a toll on the weight loss. I've been the same weight ALL summer, even with the consistent gym-going and maintaining my 1500 calorie intake. It MUST be the stress, because I'm really diligent with everything else. Help!?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary.

Do you weigh/measure your foods properly?

You're likely overestimating your cals burned or underestimating your cals consumed.

Also: age, how tall are you, how much do you weigh, goal weight, exercise routine?
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I had a similar issue, where my stress hormones were so high I was put off work and on bedrest for several weeks until they stabilized because of how much it was affecting me physically.

Doctor actually eased me back into work, 4 hours 2 weeks, then 6 hours 2 weeks, then back to full time. Was also put on an antidepressant, which supposedly causes weight gain, but I've only gained like 2 pounds in 6 weeks, so i'm not worried.

You need to decrease the stress in your life. Mine was caused by my boyfriend, and once we split up I started feeling better. Amazing how negative things being taken out of your life will change the way you feel and look. I have more energy, am back to work, and not sleeping 14 hours a day anymore. I was already doing yoga, but now do it every morning, use essential oils, and even going Gluten free helped me in the long run.

Good luck!
  • MzRealMaFigz
    Options
    Hi!

Adini:
    "Also: age, how tall are you, how much do you weigh, goal weight, exercise routine?"

30, 5'9", 172-175, goal is 160, and I exercise 4-5 days a week, roughly 45-60 min.

And Michelle:

thank you! I am checking in with my doc today because I've also been suffering from terrible headaches. I've kept a log and realized they are mainly on work mornings and on sundays...wonder why!? Work is taking a toll most certainly.

Thanks for the feed back!