Weightwatchers Pizza!! EAT IT

Options
I have just stumbled accross weightwatchers pizza in Asda. I never even knew they did it! Thought Id give it a go since its Saturday and I miss lovely pizza....It was brilliant! I had spicy chicken flavour, 480 cals and 1.2g of saturated fat for biggish pizza, I added some mushrooms as there wasnt enough veg on it for my liking but it was yummy :-) There obviously isnt LOADS of cheese but Id recommend it to pizza lovers for a healthier and taasty alternative!

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    How's the sodium in it??
  • nataliesaunders2470
    Options
    I had a Weight Watchers pizza last night.. got to admit, I was disappointed. It was tiny, and I left it in the oven too long so it was hard!!! I'd been looking forward all week to a pizza and beer and I had the WW pizza and 4 bottles of alcohol free beer. Quite nice actually when you haven't eaten pizza for ages, and still feels like you've treated yourself....
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Sodium was really low! Apparently only 1g in whole pizza (im guessing MFP food diary measures it in grams right??) No way Natalie, shame you were disappointed! I dd really enjoy mine though....I had spicy chicken flavour, and it was the big pizza not one of those pizza oval things...?
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You should try making it your self, I have a Piri Piri chicken pizza down to 700 calories. I use 140 grams of chicken with Piri Piri seasoning, half fat mozzarella and tons of pepper and tomatoes, with a home Made base. It absolutely stuffs me aswell.
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i've just posted about sodium levels in the uk, its in mg on the database. But thats still only 100g of sodium which isn't bad!! will look out for this, thanks
  • xojox
    Options
    sorry my OH has just pointed out that 0.1 gram is 100mg, so thats 1000mg!!!!!!!!
  • Avalon203
    Options
    How do you make your base Andy? Think I will try making my own! Wow Jo that is a lot of salt! haha. Though as a one off its ok, as I usually make the rest of my meals from scratch and add hardly any salt to anything so my sodium intake is generally very low so its ok i suppose..... Was nice pizza though :-)
  • xojox
    Options
    you gotta treat yourself!! and like you say its not something you're going to eat everyday, i hope!!! lol

I only looked because i've hit a major plateau and lots of people pointed it out to me x
  • nicjane113
    Options
    Sounds like I'll have to try it! I love pizza but put the amount of calories puts me right off. I've also tried making my own bases and also buying the ready made bases and making my own toppings.

I buy quite alot of weight watchers products - most of all the soups. I have one for my lunch with some ryvita crackers and philadelphia spread and all of the flavours are really tasty and all under 100 calories!

Also the WW mango and passion fruit mousse is amazing!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip hun :bigsmile:

Aside from high blood pressure issues, I dont really get why so many people are obsessed by sodium? If you eat too much, you've got to realise that it retains water, right? But if you drink water and exercise then that goes? Right?

Well, that's how my body works :bigsmile:

Salt is actually a very necessary mineral for our body. I'm quite shocked that people avoid it at all costs :noway:

Sorry to vent on your post....lol

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • KristenAnnJones
    KristenAnnJones Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You MUST try lean cuisine - spa cuisine! They have extra veggies and taste better than the regular meals. I suggest the Honey Roasted Chicken!!