Tried WW and now I am back

Options
Hello everyone! I was using MyFitnessPal for a while and was then talked into going over to Weight Watchers Online. I had little success and now have returned to MFP. Just wanted to reintroduce myself and wish everyone luck on the endeavors! :-)

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    WW trains you to eat like a bird so you lose and keep coming back so they make money forever from you. Trust me I did it on and off for decades and then I even worked for peanuts for them. I don't even have to pay to go now and I never will. Stay here, learn what you really should be eating which is WAY more than they tell you and get in some walking at the very least or do more if you want but diet comes first in losing weight.

If you want a link to work out what to eat PM me and I'll help and friend me too if you need more friends because I never found any at WW'ers. Some might but I'm shy and it never happened. Here I have tons of friends that are always there to support me for free.
  • bestkiwi2003
    bestkiwi2003 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Good luck with your change back to MFP. I have also come back after a big break and use the ww app which kind of works, but for me I prefer to know how many calories I am eating and exerting. I use a heartrate monitor which gives me a better indication of my exercise. Happy to be added as a friend. I seem to have lost friends from here as I haven't been back for a while.

Happy MFP'ing

Andrea
    :smile:
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try weight watchers but could never bring myself to pay for something that I could get for free. Welcome back to MFP. I think each thing works differently for different people so as long as you keep trying until you find something that works, you're good.

Good luck with your journey (it never ends lol so enjoy it) ;-)
  • DaveIW
    DaveIW Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, and welcome back to saving money.
  • Chenca
    Chenca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did WW online too. LOVED IT! Too bad its so freaping expensive. Good thing MFP works just as well! Welcome back!!
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I also had done WW in the past. It worked for awhile, but was expensive....and I seem to do as well (if not better here). :smile:
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I still use the old Core foods list from a decade ago as the basis for my daily diet. I wonder if they still do that? It was a really healthy way to eat.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Dropped 100 on Weight Watchers... stopped. Dropped 60 on Weight Watchers... stopped. Plans end! This is a free tool to keep using as you see fit. Dropped 184 still going strong and plan to log on for the next 50 years!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well I am doing both programs but not paying for it. You get a lot more from going to the meetings of course. I have all the old stuff from before and cant afford to pay for it now so I just follow it at home. IF you go to the meetings, they give you handouts and reference books so I have all those. THis site is free as well. I like weight watchers because it makes counting caloires easy but myfitnesspal keeps track of more than calories: it keeps track of my sugar and sodium intake which I need to reduce. I like the message boards and community here too. Weight watchers works, but is expensive. If it wasn't for mfp and youtube community then I might not be so motivated. Welcome. Now you can focus on paying for healthy food and fitness clothes or weights, instead of a monthly fee. I love saving money, don't you?
  • FindingAmy77
    Options
    they now call the core foods filling foods. I do that too when I don't feel like counting points.
  • purplebohemian
    Options
    I always wondered about the WW online program, but felt it was kind of expensive, especially when there are free places like MFP and Sparkpeople. It seems like a lot of people lose weight using the WW program, but I always wondered if there was a catch of some sorts...
  • FindingAmy77
    Options
    there is no catch. Its a great program that make counting calories easy by making them into points. I think the biggest motivator on weight watchers is the support of the community. Now that we found this, we have an alternative. I am doing both right now, but not paying. Yay.
  • Amberonamission
    Options
    they now call the core foods filling foods. I do that too when I don't feel like counting points.
    I do count every calorie. MFP has taught me that I must because I can easy eat 300 calories in carrots and they count. But, the core list is my shopping list.
  • FindingAmy77
    Options
    no. I count them... I just don't stress myself on what I ate for the day or if it was good or not. I journal everyday and everything I eat.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    WW empty your pockets...MFP teach you how to change your life
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, not a fan of WW!
    kick some butt here!
  • SASSYGIRLY30
    SASSYGIRLY30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WW trains you to eat like a bird so you lose and keep coming back so they make money forever from you. Trust me I did it on and off for decades and then I even worked for peanuts for them. I don't even have to pay to go now and I never will. Stay here, learn what you really should be eating which is WAY more than they tell you and get in some walking at the very least or do more if you want but diet comes first in losing weight.

If you want a link to work out what to eat PM me and I'll help and friend me too if you need more friends because I never found any at WW'ers. Some might but I'm shy and it never happened. Here I have tons of friends that are always there to support me for free.

I agree with this.. I did ww on and off for 2 years and lost 37 lbs... It was a struggle for me because I had less energy to workout and always felt like I was always hungry at the end of the day..

I'm a type 2 diabetic and went to a nutritionist and found out I wasn't eating enough at all, I was maybe hitting 1200-1300 a day.. minus the exercise I was doing and I was only netting 600-800 cals a day!!!

So I'm back with MFP and starting to feel great again.

Good luck all :smile:
  • Amberonamission
    Options
    WW empty your pockets...MFP teach you how to change your life
    This should be MFPs tag line.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    WW was a nightmare for me. I ate all the foods they sold me and I gained almost 13 lbs that week!!! I haven't cried that hard in a long time and all the lady said was --WELL?? Some people DO gain at first, maybe you are one of them. So I am going to stay and gain MORE until it works???? NOPE NOPE NOPE
  • SamiAng
    SamiAng Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WW was a nightmare for me. I ate all the foods they sold me and I gained almost 13 lbs that week!!! I haven't cried that hard in a long time and all the lady said was --WELL?? Some people DO gain at first, maybe you are one of them. So I am going to stay and gain MORE until it works???? NOPE NOPE NOPE

Well, their program isn't based on buying their foods. They have optional items you can buy, but you eat your own food. Jenny Craig is the one where you eat their food.

I am a WW joiner and quitter and have decided to quit for good and stay here.