officially getting serious.

Options
So after failing miserable in my own strength I am starting to plug in to my fitness pal and I bought the nutrisystem box from walmart that has 5 days of meals in it for like 50.00. No I don't expect this box to be magic or anything I just thought it would be a good place to start and help me what a real portion size is considered. I know I have read the size of your palm thing etc...but with this I put the days worth of food in the bag, and I have told myself when it is gone that is it I don't get to eat anymore. So we will see how it goes. I weigh 270 now, I have not exercised in a few months. I want to start again and make some changes, so that I can lower my blood sugars and get this diabetes monkey off my back. So I have armed myself with some bible studies about eating right, I am following flylady.net fitness radio and her schedule for reorganizing my home. And it is just time to drop the excuses and create a new me. In the past I had relied on friends for support but when they quit so did I....so I am hoping to make new friends here that understand more of what I feel maybe. I even made the hubs take one of those unflattering pics that show me exactly what I really look like from the side so we can watch for any changes.

Replies

• Chenca
    Chenca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I recognize that desperation! Why not buy 5 lean cuisine meals instead! Same portion size at a fraction of the price. Cub has them everyday for 2.09 a piece now. Good luck dear!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    To each his own when it comes to learning portion sizes, but IMO you would be much better off (especially in the long run) buying/cooking as much fresh food as possible. Meals don't have to be hard, you can make a meat or fish and pair with a vegetable. Add fresh fruits to your diet. BUY A FOOD SCALE! They're cheap, around $20. You'll save money, learn what good foods and proper portions are, and you won't be eating all of that processed crap.
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I started by eating Lean Cuisine meals at lunch to replace fast food because I can't seem to pack my lunch to save my life! Been great, it is about making sustainable baby steps in the right direction until you make them into lifelong habits! Plus Lean Cuisine has an awesome rewards program!
  • Caty_power
    Caty_power Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is in good health.. . I have started a new program yesterday -- ADD me- if answer is yes- http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html - - It is 12 weeks challenge to lean your body and fat loss.. Its looks like pretty simple and doable... i have done a lot of research and it looks like it does work and give you positive results .. if we all can start it and can discuss the results everyday ,help each other to motivate .. Would be so awesome .. Anyone in .. have a look at the program .. LEts kill it ... It is not impossible all we need is strength and motivation..... whats your thoughts on it ..

I have created our group loviles.... Where we can track our daily progress

Group name :- 25 Lbs By X Mass 14 Weeks Challenge :D

Search it and join it.. Let start it today as there is no tommorow
  • melindatoomey3
    Options
    I did not know or think about that thank you for the tip...I will look at that the next time I go shopping it will probably be much cheaper ...thank you