Biggest Looser!!

Options
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if any of you watched the Biggest Looser this year?? I watched it and saw the final last night, what a shock to see how they all did. What a transformation!!!

How did it motivate you?? got me thinking for sure.

Look forward to yr response.

Funjabi x

Replies

• freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im a biggest loser fanatic..im actually watching it now...it just amazes me how much weight these people lose...kinda gives me hope that i can do this too....whoo hoo!
  • eyoreblu
    Options
    I have only watched a few episodes but it inspired my work. I work at a school and we have 26 people who paid money to commit to the Biggest Loser Challenge. We are only in week 3 but in the first week, we lost a total of 89 pounds combined! We weigh in every week to our school nurse and have to pay money if we gain wait. There is a prize at the end, which is in January, for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. I think the Biggest Loser has motivated us all to get healthier!!!
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    41 pounds lost in 2 weeks. It has taken me 5 months to lose about the same. WILD
  • ysaidpie
    Options
    I am annoyed that they sent home the younger girl tonight, and kept the older woman who had been thin once before in her life. Not that everyone regardless of age doesnt deserves to be a healthy weight- I just feel bad for the younger girl who went home. She never experienced being thin & has a lifetime worth of things to experience that the older woman already has done (like marriage, kids, grandkids). I just feel bad for her. Hope she goes on to lose the weight on her own at home
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I watched TBL tonight and I was kind of surprised that they sent the younger girl, Allie, home but I do understand why they wanted to keep Tina, the older woman.. Tina admitted that her first thought was to put Allie first and be the "mother" figure and to help Allie get whats best for her. She also admitted that that is what got her in the position she is in now so it's nice to see that Tina has already begun the acceptance and healing process of her issues.

This is such and inspirational show. People say it's fixed and whatever else but all that really matters to me is that people are losing this mass amount of weight and saving their own lives! It's something that is still hard for me to accept; I could die if I don't help myself. Great show and great food for thought, no pun intended. ;)
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love the biggest loser but I think we're a series behind over here - we just watched the one with Danny, Rudy and Amanda.
  • funjabi
    Options
    Hi Guys thanks for yr messages.

I'm watching the one with Rudy, Dan, Amanda n Co!!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Wow...I think you're more than just a season behind. Last season here in the US was Koli and Sam and Mike and Ashley. And we just had our second episode of season 10 last night.
  • racmac
    Options
    Id like to watch this but i dont have sky - anywhere i can watch online?
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I love the biggest loser but I think we're a series behind over here - we just watched the one with Danny, Rudy and Amanda.

Yes, you guys are quite behind....that was I do believe 2 season's ago....Won't ruin it and tell you who wins...
  • JuliaRose73
    Options
    You should be able to watch it either on hulu.com or directly from NBC's website.

I was shocked by last night's decision to send home Allie. I really think this season will be more "What's best for me?" game playing. In the past, compassion would have kept her there but I think this year they are looking at ways to remove the most competitive players early. They will have another chance to send home Tina, but if Allie would had the chance to put up big numbers in the weeks to come... it could have changed the course of the game.
  • i love the biggest loser, but of course there is game playing. The players are getting smarter. They are seeing that keeping the biggest threats due to compassion in past seasons has lead to those same compassion cases often making it to the near end, end or winning.

I think it's amazing though that they make people and inspire people to make such great changes. What I would like to see though- is a show where we can get updates on ALL the players, not just the past winners. (The winners get a lot of help to stay slim so they can help promote TBL in the future) it's the people who don't get all that help I am curious about
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    i love the biggest loser, but of course there is game playing. The players are getting smarter. They are seeing that keeping the biggest threats due to compassion in past seasons has lead to those same compassion cases often making it to the near end, end or winning.

I think it's amazing though that they make people and inspire people to make such great changes. What I would like to see though- is a show where we can get updates on ALL the players, not just the past winners. (The winners get a lot of help to stay slim so they can help promote TBL in the future) it's the people who don't get all that help I am curious about

You would be pretty shocked to know what really goes on on that show, they treat the people like crap. On weighs ins they wanted them dehydrated ,they went home with eating disorders.

http://munfitnessblog.com/the-truth-behind-the-biggest-loser-reality-show-which-never-being-told/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20008214-10391704.html

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/18/biggest-loser-allegations-kai-hibbard/
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I love BL keeps me motivated and very inspired
  • lepetitpumpkinesque
    Options
    i love the biggest loser, but of course there is game playing. The players are getting smarter. They are seeing that keeping the biggest threats due to compassion in past seasons has lead to those same compassion cases often making it to the near end, end or winning.

You would be pretty shocked to know what really goes on on that show, they treat the people like crap. On weighs ins they wanted them dehydrated ,they went home with eating disorders.

http://munfitnessblog.com/the-truth-behind-the-biggest-loser-reality-show-which-never-being-told/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20008214-10391704.html

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/18/biggest-loser-allegations-kai-hibbard/

It took her so many years to come forward (I'm referring the article about Kai) and imagine that- someone who was morbidly obese had self esteem issues? I see how easy it is to trade one addiction (food addiction) for another (working out) but find it somewhat hard to believe that the whole show is a crock.

I guess the same way you can't believe everything you see on tv, you can't believe everything you read on a blog.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!