Well on my way to "Onederland"

Options
I hope these pics will motivate people to NEVER give up on their dreams! I've lost 112 pounds so far...these pics are almost one year apart to the day. Thanks, MFP!!

http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/lady_tracy2/media/9-12-13_zpsdcf1a8ec.jpg.html]9-12-13_zpsdcf1a8ec.jpg

Replies

• agcarden1
    agcarden1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOW! Way to go!
  • cylima
    cylima Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look great!
  • WooggyBear
    Options
    Congrats to you! That is pure inspiration! I would love to hear your story.
  • lady_tracy
    Options
    Well, long story short, I had a horrible car accident in 2001 which resulted in a broken back and neck. Five spinal surgeries later, and after some relief, it was discovered that I had a heart condition, which THEN resulted in cardiac medication. Both of those things coupled together added MEGA amounts of weight to me, and I got depressed and lazy. Then in February of this year, I ended up with congestive heart failure.

I finally said, "Enough is enough!" I joined MFP, and took my life back. I began eating healthy and working out five days/ week at first, and now, I am going to the gym every other day, and doing ab routines at home.

Starting weight was 318, current weight is 206 (teetering on 205), and I have another 30 or so pounds I want to lose.

And BTW, I'm off ALL medication, and in better shape and health than I've been in in 20 years!
  • WooggyBear
    Options
    That is a great story of survival and how to take control of your life. You found your why. Thank you for sharing your story. I would say good luck but I have no doubts you will achieve your next goal of 30 lbs and pass with flying colors. Keep inspiring!!!
  • lady_tracy
    Options
    Thank you sooooo much for the kind words! My hope is that I CAN motivate people and inspire them to never give up, and to never let anything force them to give up their dreams of being healthy and fit. Especially when I hear people talking about plateaus...I have had my fair share, trust me - but I have also realized that sometimes, I just need to make simple adjustments, and sometimes, my body is actually restructuring itself - I'm gaining lean muscle, losing fat and inches, but the scale doesn't move for a while - I'M GOOD WITH THAT! It's all in the process. I guess I just feel like, life is not as hard as I made it out to be for all those years. I'm healthier and happier, and if I can offer support to help even just one person succeed, then I've done what I've set out to do. :flowerforyou: