starting over again for the 100 time

Options
Once again......its a new day and I look at myself and say I will do this once again.....I do well for days then fall off the wagon.....kinda like an acholic.......I know its all up to me.....not sure why I am posting this......maybe hoping this will be the time I stick with it

Replies

• JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Only starting again for the 100 th time !!! I could times that by 100 & would still be way off the mark as to how many times I have started again !!!! Like you I usually last a couple of days then have a 'treat ' - think " oh we'll , I've blown it now" & go straight back told habits .
    I have been using mfp for about a month now & am still going strong . I have even inspired a friend to start again & we are going to do it together - I think the support I'm getting is making the difference this time .
    I haven't had the super duper weight loss on the scale that a lot of people have , but I have still lost 3 kg in the month - which Im happy with . However my body shape has changed quite notably & have lost at least a dress size ( even my hubby has even noticed & complimented me !! ) I still have a long way to go ( 60 lbs ish ) but feel I could make it this time ! Feel free to send a friend request if you would like to have some mutual support .
  • janewelshsoriente
    Options
    your story is a mirror image of mine!! i have been with MFP for 2 weeks and have lost 3lbs so far. I am more determined than ever to succeed this time though and with a little suppot from the lovely people that i have met on here, hopefull i will.
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    me too! add me and maybe we can help each other stick to it this time! =)
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you. this is my 4th time trying this. I do well for a few weeks then go back to my old ways. doesn't matter how many times you fall just get back up and try again
  • Caty_power
    Caty_power Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    urlhere[img][/img]
  • LauraMRiley
    LauraMRiley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all--it sounds like we're all in the same boat. I have tried numerous other outlets and this is my first time with MyFitnessPal. I really hope to be successful this time around. Best of luck!
  • chickenchaser78
    chickenchaser78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hoping, wanting and wishing isn't going to get you there. You need to come up with a plan and set goals. They don't have to be big plans and goals, truthfully its better to start small. Find an accountability group to help you along.

I didn't start making progress on anything until I found Chalene Johnson's 30daypush.com. Its free and she teaches you how to goal set and actually accomplish some of your goals.

I can't tell you how many times I started and quit. I'm still working towards my goals and I'm by no means perfect but like you I don't want to give up. Good luck!
  • cerenia
    cerenia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can also relate - today's been another lightbulb day, i've cleared my old data and starting from scratch today - started with a 3mile walk, i've done it before, and I will do it again, we can all do it!!
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Options
    I've totally been there myself. I just started my 5th or 6th time on MFP. But I'm determined that this time will be different. I think as long as you stay committed to logging on and keeping a daily food journal you can be successful. We all want to see each other be successful.