Hello!

Options
Hello everyone!
I'm new here and I REALLY want to lose weight to help control my diabetes and to prolong my life! I've attempted to lose weight numerous times and I lose a little then plateau. Since March I've lost 13 lbs but it has stopped and I know it is due to lack of effort on my part. I have not gained it back but cannot lose anymore. I currently weigh192 and would like to get to 150 - 160. My husband recently left (April) and is filing for divorce. I want to feel good about myself so that I can move on and find friendship and perhaps another relationship.:heart: I need the motivation not only from my coworkers but from others who are in the same boat! I welcome any help I can get! Thank you in advance for your support and listening to me ramble! LOL!

S.C.:laugh:

Replies

• susie727
    susie727 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP. I'm 68 and also trying to control my diabetes.

A divorce can be tramatic. Don't let it get you down. You say that you have lost 13 lbs? How much does your husband weight. Add that ugly fat and your really doing great:laugh: . Sorry, I understand how hard this must. If you can keep your sense of humor you can get through anything. I'm retired now but love life and I encourage you to keep on truckin.
  • ropicrdo
    Options
    I am also divorced, so I know how difficult it can be especially if you have children. Well this is a great site, everyone is so encouraging. I just joined this site and I'm loving it. I get so much feedback. Again welcome.