tummy fat

Options
I am actually fine with most of my body... its this aweful tummy flab that I have had since after I stoped breastfeeding two years ago. What are some good ways to help me get rid of it?

Replies

• rslavens
    rslavens Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been working on that too :) I've done crunches, cardio, P90X abs, but I can't get rid of that nice jiggle...If anyone has any ideas, please share!!!!
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    you HAVE to do cardio and strength training combined!! Cardio and sit ups alone will not get rid of it.
  • goldspaula
    Options
    Jamie,

I ran across something wonderful for this a couple of weeks ago!!! It was written by that Dr. Oz guy and a buddy of his. They made a whole book of it, but the main points are simple. It works either out in nature or on a treadmill. Walk nice and easy for three minutes, and then as fast as you can for two. Repeat this four times for a total of twenty minutes. Drink lots of water of course. It will burn the belly fat up to four times walking the same time at a steady pace.

I've been doing this every day for two weeks and I've lost two inches off that belly of mine!!! And it has been with me for decades!!!

Good luck and have a wonderful day.
    Paula
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Eating clean and healthy and getting your heart rate up to burn calories. You can do crunches till the cows come home but if your not eating healthy and working up a sweat you will necer see them.
  • jaimeba
    Options
    I wonder if it would work the same with a stationary bike?
  • goldspaula
    Options
    They specifically mentioned walking, but it seems to me that the stationary bike would be must the same. It is the blast of energy that does it I think. I know that by doing it on the treadmill, I can really feel it in my abdomen when I'm done, so if you feel the tingle after the workout on the bike, it will probably give you the same benefit. Good Luck and let us know how you are doing!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Jamie,

I ran across something wonderful for this a couple of weeks ago!!! It was written by that Dr. Oz guy and a buddy of his. They made a whole book of it, but the main points are simple. It works either out in nature or on a treadmill. Walk nice and easy for three minutes, and then as fast as you can for two. Repeat this four times for a total of twenty minutes. Drink lots of water of course. It will burn the belly fat up to four times walking the same time at a steady pace.

I've been doing this every day for two weeks and I've lost two inches off that belly of mine!!! And it has been with me for decades!!!

Paula

This is called HIIT
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Jamie,

Paula

This is called HIIT

This is the theory used in BOTH the Insanity and Turbo Fire workouts. I can attest to the shrinking factor of it. I have only done 2 of the Turbo Fire workouts this week (my ONLY workouts for the week so far, getting ready to do my third) and I have already felt my lower abs shrink a little. It's probably less than an inch but they "feel" better/smaller and that's a perfectly fine start by me. :love: :laugh:
  • jaimeba
    Options
    so I googled hiit and found one with kettle bells where you go hard for 40 sec and rest for 20 sec. I only made it for eight min and it kicked my *kitten*!!! Now I just need to work up to longer time.
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    so I googled hiit and found one with kettle bells where you go hard for 40 sec and rest for 20 sec. I only made it for eight min and it kicked my *kitten*!!! Now I just need to work up to longer time.

No need to do prolonged periods of HIIT. It's not the same as steady state cardio, HIIT will produce an elevated metabolic rate for up to 24 after the work so you'll be burning more sitting doing nothing the next day.

Do some research you don't need to do more than 10-15 minutes in total of HIIT to have a profound effect
  • eyoreblu
    Options
    Wow, this is worth a try!!!
  • adrienc
    adrienc Posts: 57
    Options
    TABATA is based on the same principles, but it's even shorter in time:
    run for 20s / walk for 10s
    do that for 8 period.

That's give you a 4mn training. You can apply that to cycling, running, strength training and so on.

You can also find free HIIT and TABATA timers for iPhones or Android
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Jamie,

Paula

i am going to try this ..i hope it works for me ..so thanks Paula!