What's your favorite off the shelf, healthy and yummy treat?

Options
I don't have a lot of time for prepping healthy snacks and cooking a lot of healthy recipes, so I was wondering, what's your favorite things that taste naughty, but aren't?

I am a big fan ov vitatops with my morning coffee (countdown to someone explaining they are horrible or something). They taste great and feel like they are super naughty (they are replacing whatever Little Debbie things we had in our pantry.)

I am also a huge fan of Krave jerky. Super flavorful and it comes in lots of great flavors and it is moist - not like leather.

For breakfast I like to make a bowl of oatmeal from Oat Revolution or Better Oats (mmm Muffins in the blueberry flavor is great). With the oatmeal, I throw in a couple of spoonfulls of ground up flax seed (Flax USA Golden Flax seed - got a big bag from Sams or Costco) and between this breakfast and my Vitatop at work, my fiber is pretty much done for the day for about 250 calories. I also get tons of omegas from the flax and having all that fiber (and a respectable amount of protein early on) is pretty filling.

I'm also a big fan of the Rickland Orchard yogurt bars. They have a good combo of fiber and protein and taste better than a candy bar. (They are 160 calories with 60 of those as fat calories, but when you need to feel naughty, but don't want to tuck into the nearest bag of Twix - reach for one of these!)

Anyone got any other things to suggest I try?

Replies

• benjib84
    Options
    Mine are ALL of the City Kitchen micro meals from Tesco - they all taste like fresh, restaurant quality meals and are all less than 500.... also the tesco taste the difference chicken tikka with lime relish and rice - thats takeaway quality indian food at about 400 kals.
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter Protein Bars; I always have one on hand. They aren't too high in sugar and have 10 grams of protein, so they will kill a hunger craving (at least keep it at bay). I also cut up carrots and celery sticks on the weekend and take a bag of those with a laughing cow wedge or some hummus.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Not really a naughty to snack but I love the Edamame bean salads from the chilled aisle in Tesco or Asda. They have broad beans and runner beans in them too and come with a soy, chilli and garlic dressing. I find them tasty, filling and healthy and the whole box is 189 cals, 11g carbs, 7g fat and 14 g protein. Days when I'm near my carb limit I marinate some tofu in the dressing before frying off with a spray of Frylight and have it with half of the beans mix.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Nakd raw bars. The cocoa delight one is amazing.
  • ChrisRShaw
    ChrisRShaw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love Vitatops as well with my morning coffee and I have started putting vanilla protein powder in my coffee instead of creamer so now I have a "Power Coffee" :-). I do a lot of cottage cheese, sometimes mixed with fruit or my new favorite is mixing it with one of the Tuna creation pouches and then adding chopped up onions, tomatoes and carrots and some black pepper. 200 calories and 29 grams of protein :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cocoa roast almonds, or any of Blue Diamond Bold flavored almonds. Skinny cow or WW ice cream treats. Kashi TLC peanut peanut butter or almond flax chewy granola bars. Seapoint Farms wasabi flavored dry roasted edamame. Peanut butter.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Smoothies via Blendtec.
    Chocolate, almond butter, banana
    Strawberry, frozen berries, banana

Also, I make pineapple freezes at night, ice blended with pineapple
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    whiskey
  • Abbaprincess
    Abbaprincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    We keep raspberries in the freezer. Buy bulk it's way cheaper. and when I want a snack I grab a bowl full. 1 cup is only 70 calories and they are sweet. Eating them frozen makes it seem like I am eating ice cream, but with no guilt.
  • raggleraccoon
    Options
    Nakd raw bars. The cocoa delight one is amazing.

This. I like that one and the cocoa orange one best. :)
  • RaygunG
    Options
    What's the brand name of the vanilla protein powder? Do they happen to make a caramel flavor one? I love caramel flavored coffee and creamers.
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have just found Marks &Spencers salmon & quinoa - its sooooo nice , filling & only about 350 calories ! Also have just found Ellerts peanut puffs !
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    A punnet of vine cherry or baby plum tomatoes and a jar of green olives (in brine not oil and drained) love the sweet and salty combo of popping both in my mouth at the same time and munching away, delish!!!
  • fitjules35
    fitjules35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love Vitatops as well with my morning coffee and I have started putting vanilla protein powder in my coffee instead of creamer so now I have a "Power Coffee" :-). I do a lot of cottage cheese, sometimes mixed with fruit or my new favorite is mixing it with one of the Tuna creation pouches and then adding chopped up onions, tomatoes and carrots and some black pepper. 200 calories and 29 grams of protein :-)

LOVE these ideas. thanks!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% greek yogurt with fresh raspberries mixed in...yum...eat this almost every day.
    Oh, and roasted salted almonds too.