Healthy recipe for slow cooker - need to use up diced beef

Options
blondieellie
blondieellie Posts: 46 Member
Can anyone suggest something simple and healthy to make in a slow cooker with diced beef? I have some in the freezer that needs using. Preferably something I can throw in quickly while baby plays for 10 minutes :) Thanks!

Replies

• newhabitsnewme
    newhabitsnewme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You could make a soup. Season the meat with salt, pepper, garlic, etc, add a couple bag of frozen veggies and water then cook for 5.5 hours on low. thrown in a cup of uncooked brown rice and cook on low for another 1.5 hours.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Can anyone suggest something simple and healthy to make in a slow cooker with diced beef? I have some in the freezer that needs using. Preferably something I can throw in quickly while baby plays for 10 minutes :) Thanks!

Stew
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Stew

Chicken Stew?
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Bag of black beans, diced and lightly sauteed yellow onion, red and green bell pepper, plenty of kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, a little tomato paste, beef stock, a couple bay leaves and parsley. Set on low for like 10 hours, add the beef in after six.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Slow cook it with salsa, corn, black beans and spices for a burrito filing.
  • blondieellie
    blondieellie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that's v helpful.