i need to lose 30 pounds in 2 months..

Options
please tell me how can i do that? 1200 calories day and 20 minutes of cardio..would that be enough? i want to speed up my weight loss..

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    3.75 lbs a week? Won't happen unless you have a lot (say 80+ lbs to lose)
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to do that to yourself? Wouldn't you rather lose it forever than lose it fast?
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    whats the rush
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Awww... It's a common complaint... we all want it gone NOW. :bigsmile:

You will soon start seeing results on 1200 & eating back your exercise calories.

Good luck! x
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Not gonna happen.
  • mlindenmuth36
    mlindenmuth36 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did but I wasn't trying to lose that much. I just had a lot of weight to lose, drank a lot of water, ate very healthy and exercised.
    I ate closer to 1500.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Looking at your previous posts from June, it looks like you tried 1200 calories once before and found it too difficult to stick with. Why would you want to try the same thing again knowing how hard you found it before?

Can I suggest instead that you look for a more sustainable approach? If you only have 30 pounds to go then set your goal to lose 1 pound a week. Eat the number of calories MFP gives you. Log your exercise and eat at least some of the extra calories MFP adds to your goal.

it's a cliche, but this really is a marathon rather than a sprint. Your body can only get rid of so much fat at any given time. Unless you're obese, 3+ pounds a week just isn't feasible or healthy. Taking it slower keeps your body healthy and lets you focus more on changing the shape of your figure rather than just the number on the scale.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I think of it like this... Impulse is what made us gain but patience is what will set us free. I think 30 lbs in 2 months is unrealistic.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That's quite the ambitious goal... My short term goal is to lose 20 lbs by the New Year...

Just saying, a healthy weight loss is between 0.5-2lbs a week. Also weight loss is not linear so you may see a large loss in the beginning followed by small losses or maybe even a small gain mixed in there.

Weight loss is not a race!
  • rmack111
    Options
    I currently weigh 160....I run an hour a day and eat 1200 calories. It tells me I will lose about 2-3 pounds a week.
  • mssaudi
    Options
    right now i am 158 pounds and i want to be around 133 pounds with my height of 5'7...:sick:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    30 pounds in 2 months is an unhealthy and unrealistic goal.

If you only have 30 pounds to lose in total, you should aim for a loss of 1 pound a week and eat back your exercise calories. Slow and steady. :smile:
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    With that little amount to lose 30 pounds in 2 months isn't realistic. It's just not. The slower you lose, the more likely you are to keep it off, anyway. Just got slow and steady. You can eat more than 1200, exercise and give it time.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    then you should have started 2 months ago... good luck with that!
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    Ever watch those biggest loser shows?

They eat more than 1200 calories. Probably closer to 1800 - 2000.

And they workout..

ALL

DAY

LONG

They are closely supervised by a team of trainers, doctors, nutritionists, dietitians and support staff.

Do you want it that bad?
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    right now i am 158 pounds and i want to be around 133 pounds with my height of 5'7...:sick:

With less to lose, you may have trouble with your goal. The closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it is to shed pounds. Sorry...
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    then you should have started 2 months ago... good luck with that!

What a pointless post. No need for snark, here.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Please consider a more moderate approach so you don't find yourself 5 years from now in the same situation or worse even farther from your goal.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 160....I run an hour a day and eat 1200 calories. It tells me I will lose about 2-3 pounds a week.

What tells you that? Your Magic 8 Ball?? Ain't happening. At least, not long term. And if you are running an hour a day, you need MUCH more than 1200 calories.