I wanna live

Options
Hi, my name is Eileen. I'm new here. I have 140 pounds to lose and will do it one day at a time. My husband has already lost 5 pounds on this site. My first day was a success. Please pray and feel free to say hi.:smile:

Replies

• madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will love it here. Its what you wish home was like. Add me if you would like a friend.
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats to your hubby. Also congrats to you for taking the first step to a healthier life! There are many very supportive and helpful people here to help you along the way!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome aboard my dear! Congratualtions and well done to your hubby. I am so glad you have taken this step forward in caring for yourself. You are worth it! :heart:

Feel free to friend me. I would be honored to be your friend.:blushing:
  • Lulu2929
    Options
    Remember you can only do ONE day at a time. Sometimes I do One meal at a time.
  • eharvey
    eharvey Posts: 32
    Options
    Good luck!!! Knock i out of the park.
  • Latonia2490
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time and you will get there.:flowerforyou:
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new start and your hubbys loss. It is a slow process but it will happen. Just believe you can do it. Be committed to a new lifestyle and learn to say no to food and sometimes friends offering you food. :happy: I have been on here 50 days and lost 14 pounds. I feel better and can tell a difference already. You will like this site., It really does make you aware of what you eat and what you shouldn't eat in the future. Remember it is a process that you will have to learn and tweek olong the way but it will happen. YOU CAN DO IT.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yes, congratulations! One lb a week = 52 lbs a year. Slow and steady is the way to go. If you mess up, and we all have, just get right back into the plan and learn from whatever the error may have been.
    My way of completing my goal was:
    Lots of water
    Reduce sodium (no colas, limit crackers and deli meats and canned items, unless they say low sodium)
    Reduce fats (skim milk, fat-free yogurt, fruits, veggies, low-fat, hi-fiber breads and other carbs)
    Increase Fiber (fruits, veggies, low-fat, hi-fiber breads and other carbs)--a little repetition there. :wink:
    Walk a lot and stretch--I introduced myself to Tai Chi, via a dvd. No one watched me and I was limbering this old body up and breathing better.
    Allow yourself low calorie treats, as long as you have room in your daily calories. The treats make you feel decadent without hurting your progress.

Hugs! :drinker: (water)
  • ropicrdo
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend because when I joined many people extended their friendship to me. It help, everyone here encouraging. I have lost 4 pounds since I joined in less than I week. The food log really has helped me, it opened my eyes to all those empty calories I have been eating. Post often, I would love to hear from you on how you are doing with this program.
  • Mar1Sea
    Mar1Sea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi, there welcome to board, i hope that you accomplish your ideal goal. I wish you the best of luck!
    Remember, have fun.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You can so make this happen, one meal at a time, one day at a time! You have made the right choice to start! Good luck to yoU!
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    congrats!!!! you're doing the right thing!!! :drinker:
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your new beginning!! You can do this, and I am sure you will find a lot of support here! Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • RmIIImc70
    RmIIImc70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new too. I just read the replies to your post. What a nice group of people are on th is site!
    Rmmc
  • jantawa
    jantawa Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Living is definitely a good choice:) I wish you a long, healthy and happy life and you are now among the people who are the just kind to help you do it!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Many people on this site (myself included) are happy to help in any way we can.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time and you will get there.:flowerforyou:

Hey! You've got my dancing girl! lol