Looking for friends who have been at it for 6 months or more

Options
Hi all!

My news feed is getting very slow these days so I'm looking for some new friends to add to help motivate and keep me trucking along. I love the enthusiasm of newbies, but it gets discouraging to watch the petering out process over and over again so I'm looking for some new friends to add that have been at this for 6 months or more and still have a ways to go.

I'm in the slow and steady wins the race camp. My weight loss can be erratic and very slow at times, but I'm still in the race! We're trying to figure out the exact cause of my thyroid issues and hopefully that will resolve over the coming months.

If you're interested, I'd love to have you!

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a FR. Been on here over 500 days now.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ive been here for a while, will be here for a while more. Anyone feel free to add me, always looking for motivating, supportive, friends!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I would love to have you too...:wink: Wait, maybe I misunderstood..
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent, I have been also looking for some new friends to liven things up a bit.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone). I've been on mfp for awhile. My 'journey' started in May and I'm down almost 40lbs. I log and post every day.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Actually, I was like many of the newbies. Joined and then lost enthusiasm. I got serious again this past Jan after a health scare. I have logged in every day since. I am losing weight super slowly, but I am making changes to last a lifetime. Anyone can be my friend. I like supportive friends and not ones who nitpick my diary. I am human and sometimes I backslide, but I do log all my foods.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I've been here for 4 months... I know that's not the criteria you're looking for, but I'm also getting discouraged by so many newbies petering out. Add me if you'd like. I'm doing slow and steady wins the race too! :flowerforyou:
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'll hit you up in two months.
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've been here since January and not looking to quit anytime - this is a life style and I cannot be trusted without accountability or it will all start to come back again. So feel free to add me. I don't always comment on every automated post but almost always on personal comments/questions suggestions.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You, or anyone, is welcome to add me. I have been at this for almost 18 months! Good Luck
  • AngieA007
    AngieA007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We all need knew friends to motivate.I've been on here for more than a year Feel free to add me (anyone). Friend request sent.
  • tedens711
    Options
    I too could use some friends, inspiration, and food ideas ( I need food ideas) will be sending many of you friend requests. Thanks.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've been here since January and am in it for the long haul. I need all the motivation I can get!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on a slow road but i plan on getting there!!
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    this is my fourth attempt and I just cant seem to get it right and like you said the news feed is getting slow. all of my pals are losing weight at a good pace and im at a snails pace. add me if u like. I need tons of motivation, help and tips
  • mdrnqt
    mdrnqt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been on here since March of 2011. We got started with this at work, I have had so many friends just stop and it's frustrating, because this does work! I love meeting knew people & sharing to keep each other motivated! I will send you a friend request & anyone who wants to share support feel free to add me! Michelle
  • jen4relient22
    Options
    I've been logging since marchish? I am a very regular logger and like having lots of friends. I am transitioning to maintenance, but still log all foods and exercise and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Feel free to add me!
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Options
    I've logged 145 days straight so I don't exactly qualify for the 6 months. But I will be here a while. Anyone can send a request.

Have a super great day everyone!

~One day at a time. Make it the best possible.. ~~~~~
  • april1445
    Options
    Add me. My ticker says 20 days, but I had 220 before that, and lost them--well let them go really so I could get a fresh start :smile:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    You want slow and steady? I've been here just over 400 days. I've lost 16 pounds, 2 pant sizes and have gone from an XL top to a medium. I'm not really concerned with the number on the scale (though I log it each time I hit a new low). I don't care HOW MUCH I weigh as long as I am healthy and strong and look like it. Who knows what that weight will turn out to be. I no longer log my food, but feel I have a pretty good grasp on proper diet at this point and I lift heavy weights 3 times a week.