Taste

Options
This is weird... since I've started running, my taste is changing!

I used to HATE hummus... like.... it used to repulse me.... now I have to have a little every day....

I need fresher & unprocessed foods!!

I have a binge eating disorder, so nothing ever used to upset my stomach..... and I had a salad at Panera today that made my belly hurt all day!!

I think I'm finally doing something right!! :blushing:

Replies

• dieselveins
    dieselveins Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing here. I require fresh foods. I've noticed if It's not fresh or healthy for me my stomach gets very irate with me.. I think that's a good sign.
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    I wish running made me not want junk food anymore:) Sounds like you are making good changes. Exercise is very important but the saying, you are what you eat, is so true.
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I loooove hummus. It was something that, for me, I couldn't get past the thought of not liking it. When I finally tried it, it was AMAZING, and now I eat it with anything - sandwiches, eggs, carrots.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is funny how your body starts to adapt to what is good for it. I am 60 years old and my entire life would not even look at spinach. Now I amd eat raw leafy spinach with no problem.
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    this is all huge for me because of the eating disorder.... I'm so happy
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    Yes, it is funny how your body starts to adapt to what is good for it. I am 60 years old and my entire life would not even look at spinach. Now I amd eat raw leafy spinach with no problem.

I wish I could say the same about broccoli :( Maybe my body will come around eventually.
  • eharvey
    eharvey Posts: 32
    Options
    all of my tastes changed to. I notice that fruits are crazy swet without added sugar. Foods dont need salt like they used to. So yes I agree with you. Your doing the right thing. Keep on keeping on!!!!!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Part of the change is that you have always associated healthy foods with being bland tasting. Now that you are actually eating them you are developing the appreciation of the taste.