dropping pounds like no tomorrow.

Options
Hey guys!
I'm 5ft 3/4 so 5ft 1 practically lol but I was stuck on a plateau of 118 for the longest time. Soon enough I reduced my cardio routine to only a half hour and a half hour of strength training 3-4x a week and I started dropping pounds so quickly. I'm currently 112 and I guess it's just surprising to me to see myself that low. I ate a lot more then usual yesterday, weighed myself this morning and it said 112, Meanwhile monday said 113. I know you're only supposed to weigh yourself one time a week but i was just curious! Is it normal to those weight so fast? I'm assuming i'm losing a pound a week, but that seems so rapid.

Replies

• zenyacleveland
    zenyacleveland Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Anything over 2 pounds a week is considered to rapid.
    All I have been reading says strength training is the way to go.
    Good Luck on your journey :)
  • beebea1
    beebea1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is your strength routine?
  • sarah_lou22
    Options
    I weigh every day to keep myself accountable -- there isn't anything wrong with weighing yourself more than once a week :) it's all personal preference!

to address your question -- I think that you are just fine. you're changing up your routine -- your body was simply getting used to the routine that you had put it in, now that it is new -- you'll start dropping weight again.

don't fret too much -- just make sure that you are eating to fuel your body :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you doing??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!