Pet peeves and petty annoyances

Options

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    People who smack their lips. I'd like to smack their face.

There/Their/They're. Holy hell, get it right/rite/ryt.

Goats. With their evil little goatees.

Text speak and hashtagging. #yudumbro

Anthony Bourdain.

People who disagree with me.

Did I mention Anthony Bourdain?

I like you even more now.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    When I have to actually stop and wait .07 seconds for three cars to pass through my small little center of town and it's 9 o'clock at night. (Seriously. My husband and I laughed at ourselves when we got mad over this one night).
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    People who act like twerking is new. I had a chick twerk on me when I was in hs.

Not everyone knows what it is. None of the people I hang around with know what it is and I had to Google it to find out because everyone was talking about it.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    then+_17ed3605d5b5b8e6462edff581a7d696.gif
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    parents that think its ok to let their kids run wild in a store and act like little monsters screaming and yelling.

parents who think its ok to bring a small child to a nice restaurant and let that child scream through the whole meal.

dog owners that let their dogs bark all night.

dog owners that dont pick up after their dogs, especially the ones that let the poo just hang out on the side walk or a walk way. so trashy.

my neighbors that trash the laundry room. piggy's
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    When I can hear you chewing your food. Ugh, literally makes me gag.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    People who don't use their turn signal

People who pull out in front of you when there is NO ONE in sight behind you, only to drive 300 feet and turn off!

People who pull out in front of you when there is NO ONE behind you then don't even go the speed limit!

People who drive 10 miles under the speed limit then have the audacity to flip you off once you pass them!
    Check, check, check, and double-check!
  • coolraul07
    Options
    ...Men who don't put out on the first date
    How YOU doin'?! :flowerforyou:
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    So many I could list. The big one for me this week has been the guy that heavily drags his feet when he walks. You can hear him through the whole hall. It's going to happen, I'm going to snap!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    People who don't use their turn signal

People who pull out in front of you when there is NO ONE in sight behind you, only to drive 300 feet and turn off!

People who pull out in front of you when there is NO ONE behind you then don't even go the speed limit!

People who drive 10 miles under the speed limit then have the audacity to flip you off once you pass them!
    Check, check, check, and double-check!
    Don't forget the people that speed up after you pass them!
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Tardiness

Lately, though, its people who share things on Facebook that are absolute lies/hoaxes/falsehoods/outdated (by outdated, I mean circulating posters for missing kids that were found five years ago, etc). Snopes, people, know it, use it, love it...
  • bestjuneever
    bestjuneever Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I despise children in movie theaters, unless it is a children's movie, in which case I still despise when little babies are in movie. I do not understand why a one year old has to be watching Man of Steel, or Pacific Rim and the like.

As for my many road pet peeves, the top of the list is not driving the speed limit. I drive the speed limit. So when people are flying passed me and stare at the passenger and I like we are driving backwards. I want to throw eggs at their car.
  • CoolHandSmouche
    Options
    People who act like twerking is new. I had a chick twerk on me when I was in hs.

Not everyone knows what it is. None of the people I hang around with know what it is and I had to Google it to find out because everyone was talking about it.

I didn't know, googled it and am now regretting it!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Tardiness and not following through with a commitment are two BIG ones for me.

The other is the idiot drivers that literally stop in the middle of the road when they realize they've missed their turn. Heaven forbid, they drive to the next light/intersection and turn around. lol
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I didn't know, googled it and am now regretting it!
    Don't doubt it until you get someone twerkin' on it.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    people who stare while someone is eating
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    People who call vegetables "veggies"
  • aezaidan
    aezaidan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    this might be dumb, but right now my biggest pet peeve is when people walk really big dogs that they can't control. If you can't control your large aggressive dog, walk them somewhere private or pay someone who can handle your large dog to walk for you!

Oh, and I hate when I stop to let someone cross at a crosswalk and other cars just go around me.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I volunteer in EMS, and it irks me to no end when people don't pull the #$#^&@ over and come to a complete stop when I approach in an ambulance with lights and sirens. Especially on the highway, when traffic is at a standstill due to an accident up ahead. Do you REALLY think that inching up to the bumper of the car in front of you is going help me get past you? NO! I need you to pull off to the side! Yes, I know that will make you lose your "place in line" and the car behind will likely beat you in behind me, but imagine it's your teenage kid who just crashed up ahead. I need to get to them NOW.

My other (smaller) annoyance is when I pull over for an approaching ambulance, yet cars pass me like I'm pulling over for them. Grrrrrrrrr!
  • coolraul07
    Options
    Don't doubt it until you get the right one twerkin' on it.

There fixed it for you.