All-Natural Protein Powder

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for an all-natural protein powder? I'm allergic to soy so can't have anything with that. I want something that I can have for breakfast or post-workout. Not sure what the best kind is, I was drinking Shakeology for awhile but am looking for something new. Would love to hear your ideas!

Replies

• sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've been using the plant fusion products. I like them because they are vegan and non-soy. I'm not a vegetarian at all but I would rather eat animal than drink it... I also don't drink milk. Also they are a bit cheaper than the Vega One products which was the only other plant based product that I found that was a complete protein by itself.
  • courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't need vegan or anything, but I was using a grass-fed whey from whole foods I liked but wanted to try something new. I just don't want to consume a lot of chemicals and additives like I've found in some. I'm not sure if egg or casein or whey is best, I've heard whey is but people have a lot of different opinions for what to drink and at what time for optimal use...
  • courtneywiens
    Options
    I tried Vega, I guess it's an alternative to Shakeology. Not a fan! Seriously are there are very few options or am I looking in the wrong place?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I bought Teras Whey from my local grocery store. It's organic, so it might work for you. Not really cheap though, but it's not bad at all taste-wise.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life protein is pretty good! i believe it is soy free
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like the Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder. Non-GMO, no soy. Made from whole brown rice, no preservatives or chemicals.
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been using Jay Robb - it is a little more $ than some of the others, but honestly is is the best tasting powder I have tried. I use both the Whey Protein (in the AM - fast digesting ) and the Egg Protein (if I need something before bed - slower digesting).

Whey Protein
    Sourced from grass fed cows not treated with rBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone)
    25 grams of protein per serving!
    Mixes with a blender or shaker bottle
    No fat, No cholesterol
    No sugar, No aspartame
    No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
    No casein, msg or gluten
    Made with stevia

Egg Protein
    24 grams of protein per serving!
    Mixes with a blender or shaker bottle
    No fat, No cholesterol
    No sugar, No aspartame or sucralose
    No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
    No MSG
    No Gluten
    Made with stevia

Hope this helps!!
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I want to mention too that I have been using Shakeology for about 2 1/2 years and I absolutely love it! The Sunwarrior is a nice change every now and then. It has 16 g. of protein in a really small serving which I usually double. It is also sugar-free and only 4g of carbs per serving, sweetened with Stevia.
  • inertia2012
    inertia2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i also love plant fusion protein powder (chocolate flavor). It is not chalky at all. I add it to my morning smoothies using almond milk, cottage cheese, frozen mixed berries, frozen strawberries and egg whites from Costco. I absolutely love love the taste. It feels so good to drink a cold smoothie after a workout.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Grass fed whey?.....................why didn't I think of that?.........now that's what I call marketing.
  • courtneywiens
    Options
    I much prefer grass-fed whey!! It's important to me that the cows are eating grass-fed otherwise we're ingesting corn byproducts and I try to avoid corn/wheat/soy in my diet. Whole foods has the Reservage Organics brand which I like but it's pricey and I'm not crazy about the flavor. Thanks to all for input!