where does the your weight go...?????

Options
Yeah I know the title is a little screwed up but couldn't figure out how to fix it!!!:huh:

So I am not one of those people that carry their weight up top and have skinny legs and ankles or one of those that carry it from there neck down and just by looking at the face and nice cheekbones you would never guess they were overweight. I dreadfully am one of those that carry it all over -nothing and everything sticks out too much but my face is always puffy and in headshots it is awful.

So my whole point to this is does anyone have any pointers on how to get rid of the water weight in the face? And I should add I don't tend to lose that first 7lbs of water weight ever....so why is that?

Kristen:flowerforyou:

Replies

• runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know the title is a little screwed up but couldn't figure out how to fix it!!!:huh:

So I am not one of those people that carry their weight up top and have skinny legs and ankles or one of those that carry it from there neck down and just by looking at the face and nice cheekbones you would never guess they were overweight. I dreadfully am one of those that carry it all over -nothing and everything sticks out too much but my face is always puffy and in headshots it is awful.

So my whole point to this is does anyone have any pointers on how to get rid of the water weight in the face? And I should add I don't tend to lose that first 7lbs of water weight ever....so why is that?

Kristen:flowerforyou:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    all my weight is in my stomch and back.. i have chicken legs, no butt at all and my breasts are big but besides that... in my stomach and i hide it well but i am way over weight... a whole person...:bigsmile:
  • TracyFace
    TracyFace Posts: 65
    Options
    I cant help with the puffiness of the face, but I read an article in Figure magazine that if you stick your neck out in photos it will get rid of the extra "chins" which is MY issue. You may look funny while taking the picture, but in the pitcure you cant tell. I tried it and it worked, someone actually thought I had lost quite a bit of weight, just based on one of those pictures. Man, I wish I had read that YEARS ago! LOL
  • runawaybride
    Options
    The sad thing is I thought I was sticking it out far enough for my "chins" not to touch but the pic came back and it looked like my face could just pop!!! eeewwww!!!!!

I don't eat too much sodium but do drink diet soda and eat a little sweets. My hubby suggested cutting out most sweets and the diet soda. My only two vices I have left :sad: !!! Think it will help?
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    May I say........Run from salt all you can if you are one to tends to put salt on everything you cook or the chips, or popcorn so on. I have learned to cook without it and I am use to the flavor of the food and surprising enough some things taste better without it. Canned soup Loaded with sodium, Ham, sausage, pork in general. Just some suggestions that help me, plus I take a water pill with my blood pressure pill . I am sure others have great ideas for you. Good Luck!:happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    :huh: No seriously...Do I have to point where it's at??? derrrr on me.... LOL

Baby got back! I can do side bends or sit ups...but I won't lose my rump! Baby got back!

:laugh: :tongue: :wink:
  • TracyFace
    Options
    I also recently discovered how low fat turkey or chicken lunch meat is nice and all for fat and calories, but the sodium content is RIDICULOUS!! I agree with AuntKaren, and really pay attention to the amount of sodium you take in. You will be surprised I bet, I know I was!
  • TracyFace
    Options
    :huh: No seriously...Do I have to point where it's at??? derrrr on me.... LOL

Baby got back! I can do side bends or sit ups...but I won't lose my rump! Baby got back!

:laugh: :tongue: :wink:

Hey that's my jam!! You know this baby got back! And front, and in between too!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty much even all over my body. By looking at my pics you would never know. Though my legs are pretty big as well as my baby pouch. hahaha not as big as when I started but they are still big. But I have quite a large bust too.. so it looks even.. just big haha

Man I should really read all the post and not just half, I thought the question was wheres your weight at hahahaha
  • leehatch
    leehatch Posts: 5
    Options
    I am like you, I store my weight all over and hate to take pictures....I come out looking like a ball. My niece who is built like me has a great attitude believes it is a successful picture if you're smiling and looking at the camera. I'm trying to adopt her attitude.

I use to claim that the "puffiness" was water....but I believe for me it is fat. So here I am trying to eat healthy and walk everyday. I am down 16 pounds over 3 months but have hit a plateau and nothing seems to shake it. I am getting desperate....any ideas
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    leehatch... just keep pushing through it, change up your cardio routine, mix up your meals... things to keep your body guessing. AND sometimes just patience.. your body is adjusting and it needs time. Don't get discouraged and if you do for a day.. get back on the next!! Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Hmmm... I was reading a medical journal the other day all about blood sugar levels and insulin and such... anyway... it was saying that if one ate something which was high glycemic then due to the bodies high insulin response the glucose are rapidly stored to bring level’s back down and this is primarily stored on the stomach/ mid section...
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    My weight tends to be my upper half..the harder half to work on! Thighs belly, chest and arms...it's like the messed up on my barbie doll mold and put a big half on top and small half on bottom LOL! Just keep working out..it will all melt away before you know it! I have seen everything start to "even" out recently and it is an awesome feeling!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    All my weight is in my stomach and back. It sucks!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my butt and thighs. I mean I'm chubby all over, but those areas are where it REALLY piles on. :grumble:
  • runawaybride
    Options
    Mine is pretty much even all over my body. By looking at my pics you would never know. Though my legs are pretty big as well as my baby pouch. hahaha not as big as when I started but they are still big. But I have quite a large bust too.. so it looks even.. just big haha

Man I should really read all the post and not just half, I thought the question was wheres your weight at hahahaha

I was asking two questions ...sorry to confuse ya!!!