Sports Bra

Options
OK ladies.. (and gents if you know about Bras!) I need a GOOD sports bra that has a HIGH level of support and isnt stupidly expensive!

I have tried a few but I still bounce a lot and its really not comfortable... getting painful!

I need a high impact one for the Karate and one that will also be suitable for running

Many thanks

xxx

Replies

• bahls24
    bahls24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Go to BareNecessities.com good web site
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Im pretty well stocked up top I use a champion on with high impact seems to work well for me and It wasnt too much...
  • KarateMadMum
    Options
    Thanks for the replies but I need UK sites

I have found a couple but at £50 they are a bit too much!
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort brand (not sure if the online site sends to UK or not)
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I end up wearing two - a regular bra with a sports bra over it, it's the only thing that seems to keep the bouncing somewhat in check :frown:
  • KarateMadMum
    Options
    I end up wearing two - a regular bra with a sports bra over it, it's the only thing that seems to keep the bouncing somewhat in check :frown:

I am thinking thats gonna be about the only way! High impact sports bras that go up to a 42F are like rocking horse poop!

The Enell bra is amazing but are so expensive
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    As someone with a large chest and tiny budget. I get Danskin sports bras from wal-mart. I wear nothing else. Comfortable as hell, with good support, I do everything in them from just daily living to playing football with my friends. Only time it kind of fails to work is when I'm jumping down from something fairly high, but I don't think any bra will stop the hurt from that. XD
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love the Champion Women's Spot Comfort.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AHTZT4Q/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The price ranges depending on what color you are picking 19.99 to 31.99.

One of the main reasons I love it is that I have reduced range of motion in my R shoulder and can not get in and out of a pullover type bra - especially if it is sweaty.
  • iamlottiebee
    iamlottiebee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use Tri-Action by Triumph, not sure if you get that brand in the UK? I've heard amazing things about Shock Absorber bra's, though, which I've seen online starting at about 19.99 (pounds) from here http://www.boobydoo.co.uk
  • meggs9605
    meggs9605 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, the only sports bra I will use that gives me enough support is from Old Navy. I am a 32FF so I NEED durable support! It is only $16 and occasionally goes on sale for $10 a piece when you buy 2 or more. They have lots of styles, but it is easy to tell which one is the "heavy duty" style. Trust me, I have tried dozens of bras that cost 5 times a much.
  • pasofan
    pasofan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Enelle , not cheap but the best IMO
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Fiona - I own at least a dozen of them!
  • rakufire
    rakufire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I recently splashed out and replaced my decades-old disintegrating-but-beloved Dans Ez Minimal Bounce Bras with bright red Berlei Eletrify non-underwired sports bras. I love them. Nothing budges, and they are so comfortable (and I think they look cool).
    YZD9_WE5_3.jpg

On a side note, you can still buy MBBs ( http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/sports-bras/dans-ez/dans-ez-minimal-bounce-bra-mbb.html ) and I loved them too - they carried my DD cups bouncelessly through 10 years of karate.