it's the landing that hurts, not the fall

Options
Hi guys,
It has been a couple weeks now. I fell off my wagon, big time. I admit, i gave up for a while.
Things were just suddenly crazy, and i was super stressed. I can't think about diet and exercise when i am that stessed.
It isn't over, but it is lessening.
Thoughts keep entering my head about how hard i worked, and the accomplishment of loosing 14 lbs. I was/am super proud of myself for that, and i want it back. I could wait around until i get the desire back, and by then have gained all the weight back....or i can take my dear mother's advice.

If you cant get over it, if you can't get under it, try going around it...if that doesn't work...by god, just go through it.

So, im back to recording all my food intake. Im going to try to get my carcass over to curves, and do more walking. I will not let this defeat me. I will survive!!!!

lol...ok, that is it for my Gladys Knight...or was it Aretha Franklin? moment Who knows, could even be some other gal belting that one out, lol

Point is, im glad i still have this place to come back to, and begin again.

it's not how many times you fall that counts, what matters is how many times you get up.

Replies

• tdroseler
    Options
    Hi guys,
    It has been a couple weeks now. I fell off my wagon, big time. I admit, i gave up for a while.
    Things were just suddenly crazy, and i was super stressed. I can't think about diet and exercise when i am that stessed.
    It isn't over, but it is lessening.
    Thoughts keep entering my head about how hard i worked, and the accomplishment of loosing 14 lbs. I was/am super proud of myself for that, and i want it back. I could wait around until i get the desire back, and by then have gained all the weight back....or i can take my dear mother's advice.

If you cant get over it, if you can't get under it, try going around it...if that doesn't work...by god, just go through it.

So, im back to recording all my food intake. Im going to try to get my carcass over to curves, and do more walking. I will not let this defeat me. I will survive!!!!

lol...ok, that is it for my Gladys Knight...or was it Aretha Franklin? moment Who knows, could even be some other gal belting that one out, lol

Point is, im glad i still have this place to come back to, and begin again.

it's not how many times you fall that counts, what matters is how many times you get up.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling some too. I haven't kept track of my calories and stopped working out for the most part for a couple of weeks. I didn't gain anything but I certainly didn't lose either!
    You are right about it's not how many times you fall but how many times you get back up.
    Welcome back! I hope you will find the encouragement here that you need to keep going. We all go through those slumps. That's why I haven't lost weight 15 years ago when I should have so I wouldn't have to worry about it now. But I'm here now. You are here now. Let's keep going!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    TD ! I am so glad to see a post from you!

This is such a tough time for everyone and any added stresses certainly can make us come unglued. We are all just plugging away trying to survive this time of food and cold. I don't remember where you are from, but I hope you're able to get out and that the recent bad weather hasn't affected you too much. When people disappear, we miss them. (Check in, all you "MIA" MFPs!)

For a while there I just logged food and didn't get too wrapped up in the community. Sometimes all the conflicting information can get to be too confusing. The faces change, people come and go, but it is still and always will be- -

Calories In vs Calories Out. Ounce by ounce.

Take care of yourself. We care about you. :heart:

Cheryl
  • csantos
    Options
    Hello! I know exactly what you mean, I did the same thing. It actually took me about a month to really start this program. Now I have been honestly doing the program for two weeks and have lost 6 lbs! Keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up:flowerforyou:
    Carla
    P.S. it was Gloria Gaynor that sang "I Will Survive":laugh:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    TD ! I am so glad to see a post from you!

This is such a tough time for everyone and any added stresses certainly can make us come unglued. We are all just plugging away trying to survive this time of food and cold. I don't remember where you are from, but I hope you're able to get out and that the recent bad weather hasn't affected you too much. When people disappear, we miss them. (Check in, all you "MIA" MFPs!)

For a while there I just logged food and didn't get too wrapped up in the community. Sometimes all the conflicting information can get to be too confusing. The faces change, people come and go, but it is still and always will be- -

Calories In vs Calories Out. Ounce by ounce.

Take care of yourself. We care about you. :heart:

Cheryl

Cheryl,
    You are so optimistic! Thanks for being you!
  • tdroseler
    Options
    ok, so apparently i didn't get far enough onto that damn wagon, lol
    Now i really have to catch up.

December was just a really hard month for me. Im sure a lot of people can relate to that. Unfortunatly i put myself on hold, in order to try and keep everything else going.

Excuses, i know...

So now, i start over. A new leaf. Full speed ahead.
    Went to the gym today already, started recording my food intake. Gonna have to redo all the numbers after i find out what they are.
    Im not going to get angry over the numbers. There is no use self defeating. Just gotta make them come down again, and be grateful i am capable of starting over.
    It took Franklin over a thousand errors before he got the light bulb right...so...im a work in progress, lol

...you can always give yourself a second chance...