TALL (or not short) GIRLS: What are your problem areas

Options
MireyGal76
MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
I dunno, guess I don't wanna feel left out, so I'm making a thread for me. :smile:

If you are OVER 5'2, and have a vagina... or hey, if you like vaginas you can answer too... please tell me what your problem areas are...

For me:
- big feet
- pants are too short
- outfits that have a built in waist - the waist appears at my ribs... not cool
- long sleeve shirts are actually 3/4 length

or.. and I struggle with cellulite on my thighs and *kitten*. Thank god for creative lighting.

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Awwww....I miss the criteria!!! :tongue:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Long pants are easy enough to find but yeah, the shirt problems is a pain in the *kitten*. I buy most of my shirts online from Old Navy because they have "tall" shirts.
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Big feet, but I'm small waisted so small shirts fit good except for the length, pants are too short unless in long, finding a man taller than me! Lol. And I don't consider tall anything over 5'2". More like over 5'7".
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Big feet, but I'm small waisted so small shirts fit good except for the length, pants are too short unless in long, finding a man taller than me! Lol. And I don't consider tall anything over 5'2". More like over 5'7".

The title is meant to also include average sized women :)
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I dont consider 5'2 to be tall.... Im 5'11 and yah we have bigger feet because if we had small feet we would topple over feet are for balance... but as far as problem with weight areas for me its my belly I also have 3 kids with very difficult pregnancies but I can never find shirts that are long enough and I can never buy cheap pants because i need them to be length by width either they are to short in the leg and fit in the waist or to big in the waist and fit in the legs etc
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    5'11" so I'm pretty sure I qualify as tall
    Vagina- check

I have the exact same problems. And I will also add that when I go out dancing to work my thighs and butt, I tower over all of my girlfriends and am staring over everyone's head.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I dont consider 5'2 to be tall.... Im 5'11 and yah we have bigger feet because if we had small feet we would topple over feet are for balance... but as far as problem with weight areas for me its my belly I also have 3 kids with very difficult pregnancies but I can never find shirts that are long enough and I can never buy cheap pants because i need them to be length by width either they are to short in the leg and fit in the waist or to big in the waist and fit in the legs etc

I'm 6'1. I feel your pain. My thighs are always bigger than the size they allot in jeans for my waist.
    So I need to buy jeans that are either stretchy, or get the waist taken in. IF I can find jeans that are at least a 36" inseam.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    5'11" so I'm pretty sure I qualify as tall
    Vagina- check

I have the exact same problems. And I will also add that when I go out dancing to work my thighs and butt, I tower over all of my girlfriends and am staring over everyone's head.

short skirts are an arrestable offence on us for that very reason! We look like hookers because a short skirt on us leaves a hemline that is over most women's waists! lol

I've never had a complaint though... hmmm
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Long pants are easy enough to find but yeah, the shirt problems is a pain in the *kitten*. I buy most of my shirts online from Old Navy because they have "tall" shirts.

This is where I get most of my pants too. Target has some reasonably priced jeans that are long enough for me. I'm 5'9".

I hate shoe shopping. All of the cute shoes never look as cute on my size 9 1/2-10 feet as they do as the size 6 or 7 display. Also, right now, my waist is 30.5" and my hips 39.5", so even though finding a good length isn't too bad, finding a good size is a little more difficult!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1

Big boobs and being tall makes shirts and some dresses really short on me and all my pants turn into high waters.

I also can only get shoes at like 2 places in store, if not i have to buy online :(
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    :sad: I feel sad because I'm too tall for the short threads, but too short for the tall threads. Where's the thread for not too short not too tall girls? 5'6" How about this... I have longer legs and shorter torso, so my skirts are short and it looks like my boobs sit on my waist. :grumble: I only have one real trouble spot. From my shoulders to my knees. :bigsmile:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    :sad: I feel sad because I'm too tall for the short threads, but too short for the tall threads. Where's the thread for not too short not too tall girls? How about this... I have longer legs and shorter torso, so my skirts are short and it looks like my boobs sit on my waist. :grumble: I only have one real trouble spot. From my shoulders to my knees. :bigsmile:

this thread is for you!! it's for all girls over 5'2!

If you're under 5'2, check in at the short girls thread. ;)
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My only problem area is the ice cream aisle in the supermarket. Decisions, decisions...
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    My only problem area is the ice cream aisle in the supermarket. Decisions, decisions...

go for high fat and decadent. If you're gonna indulge.. make it good, get it over with, and then work it off. :)

or... try a butter tart... or four
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8''. I used to be really embarrassed about my size 9.5/10 feet as a teen, but don't care anymore. My current problem is that I have a little extra cushion around the bra strap area, all the way around, which I don't remember having issues with before I gained weight. I'm getting married in 5 weeks and have a strapless dress, so I don't want any fat spillage over the top, haha. It's not too bad though, just wish I could spot reduce.

I do have extra long arms (wingspan), legs, fingers and toes, which mostly I like, but I bump my elbows on everything!!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

I do have extra long arms (wingspan), legs, fingers and toes, which mostly I like, but I bump my elbows on everything!!!

Same here. I had a friend who, when she needed me to help her reach something, would tell me to get my orangutan arms over there to help her out. :ohwell:
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options

The title is meant to also include average sized women :)

When youre 5'10", 5'2" is not considered average. Lol. Below others share me sentiments. And when you're thighs are as big as your waist because your tall, it's an issue. When you have to buy bigger shirts for the length it's an issue that average sized women don't typically have. And the title says tall girls, what are your problem areas.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    6'

The only thing that I dislike is dresses being shorter on me than they should. I have some cute ones that aren't quite work appropriate because they fall a little to high from the knee.

Fortunately I have small feet for my height, and find pants shopping quite painless and enjoyable since I know where to shop. C'mon ladies, Gap online, Buckle, and VS all have LONG jeans, dress pants and yoga pants that fit my muscular legs and rear end without issue. Stop making this so difficult.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    My belly and back are both squishy. :frown:

Especially my belly. I've accumulated extra skin from two pregnancies and other weight gain, and then losing 27 lb. made it even looser. I sometimes wonder if I should have just kept the weight so my skin stayed firmer. These are the mind warps of a year and a half long plateau...