diet help

Options
Hi

I am looking to loose 45 pounds and I am struggling with the best way to do so that will not take a year! i really would love to get at least 10 off the first month

I started 2 weeks ago and have lost nothing! I have been working out everyday and still nothing!

when the calorie counter gives you more calories from working out do you use them or try to stay in the 1200?

can anyone give advise?

also I have been doing nutrisystem but I think I should just go to a really healthy way of eating

k :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Each person is different, and MFP is notorious for overestimating the calories you burn when you work out. For me, I found the best results when I only ate back my cardio calories. If I didn't eat back any calories OR if I ate back my cardio and strength training, then I either didn't lose, or hardly lost at all. Eating back just my cardio, I lose about 1-1.5 lbs/week. I have a goal setting of 2 lbs/week, and set my activity level to sedentary, because there are some days I don't get to a workout.
  • JourneywJanet
    Options
    I agree, I do not eat back my calories from working out. I stay at around 1200 calories. I just finished losing 29 pounds and 60 inches in six weeks with the help of an amazing exercise program. I would love to talk to you about it more. I still need to lose 70 more pounds. I am looking for friends for support and motivation.

Janet
  • ajvideo1
    Options
    I try to walk on treadmill 10 to 15 min a day but I don't eat beyond my basic cals. I am a senior and am listed as sedentary since I do spend the day mostly sitting around. My goal is set for 2# week and I have averaged that. I am very strict about my diet and consumption and count everything that go in my mouth. I started in May and am 8-9 lbs away from goal.

I eat oatmeal every morning and homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch with 5 Waverly wafers. Dinner is pasta & salad once a week, grilled chicken, good veggies, rice or potato and either sugar free apple sauce w/splenda or strawberries w/splenda then sugar-free cook & serve pudding for evening snack.

I started before I found MFP and have now lost a total of 50#. Good Luck stick to it and you should do fine.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I try to walk on treadmill 10 to 15 min a day but I don't eat beyond my basic cals. I am a senior and am listed as sedentary since I do spend the day mostly sitting around. My goal is set for 2# week and I have averaged that. I am very strict about my diet and consumption and count everything that go in my mouth. I started in May and am 8-9 lbs away from goal.

I eat oatmeal every morning and homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch with 5 Waverly wafers. Dinner is pasta & salad once a week, grilled chicken, good veggies, rice or potato and either sugar free apple sauce w/splenda or strawberries w/splenda then sugar-free cook & serve pudding for evening snack.

I started before I found MFP and have now lost a total of 50#. Good Luck stick to it and you should do fine.

You should change your ticker to reflect ALL the weight you've lost, not just since you joined MFP. You should be proud. ;-)
  • tarsha426
    tarsha426 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear about your workout. Feel free to add me as a friend.