TALL (or not short) GIRLS: What are your problem areas

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Not being on my FL is a huge problem area that some of you need to address! :flowerforyou:
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    One piece swimsuits that are made for short not tall torsos. (some of us do not have bikini figures!)
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Awesome topic. I'm 5'10. So:

I carry all of my weight in bum and above. My legs are normal size. And it only looks worse after a lifetime of slumping over from being tall and top-heavy...
    Pants are never long enough, or, if they are, they're significantly more expensive than the same pants in "normal" length.
    One odd thing about getting fat, though - clothes fit me better than the ever did before. When I had a shape, clothes were always way out of proportion, as if the manufacturer just stretched things out, with out actual scaling up.
    I seem to attract men whose faces are at breast height, lol.
    I like super-tall men, so for me that's 6'6 and higher, not so common out here where I live.
    Dresses are too short. Often shirts, too.
    I wear giant, drag-queen-sized shoes. This is sometimes OK as I tend toward boots, but little sexy shoes are *not* sexy in drag-queen size.
    Fitted shirts. Ye gods, they do *not* fit, ever!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    37046003.jpg
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    One piece swimsuits that are made for short not tall torsos. (some of us do not have bikini figures!)
    This is my biggest problem! I haven't owned a swimsuit that I could wear in public in 6 years! Another thing I have a problem with is if I stand from a prolonged squat I almost pass out. Something about the blood having a longer distance to travel?
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm 6ft, neither apple of pear shaped, more like the whole fridge (it IS improving!). Problem areas are easily covered when I can find pants that are long enough. Don't get me started on big feet! But... I suppose I'd look ridiculous if I had small feet carrying my tall, broad shouldered frame :bigsmile:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Awesome topic. I'm 5'10. So:

I carry all of my weight in bum and above. My legs are normal size. And it only looks worse after a lifetime of slumping over from being tall and top-heavy...
    Pants are never long enough, or, if they are, they're significantly more expensive than the same pants in "normal" length.
    One odd thing about getting fat, though - clothes fit me better than the ever did before. When I had a shape, clothes were always way out of proportion, as if the manufacturer just stretched things out, with out actual scaling up.
    I seem to attract men whose faces are at breast height, lol.
    I like super-tall men, so for me that's 6'6 and higher, not so common out here where I live.
    Dresses are too short. Often shirts, too.
    I wear giant, drag-queen-sized shoes. This is sometimes OK as I tend toward boots, but little sexy shoes are *not* sexy in drag-queen size.
    Fitted shirts. Ye gods, they do *not* fit, ever!

never slump to hide your height. Stand tall and be proud. the only thing a slouching tall woman does is draw attention to the fact that they're tall and don't like it.

If you can't get rid of your stripes... then paint them purple and strut!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I'm 6ft, neither apple of pear shaped, more like the whole fridge (it IS improving!). Problem areas are easily covered when I can find pants that are long enough. Don't get me started on big feet! But... I suppose I'd look ridiculous if I had small feet carrying my tall, broad shouldered frame :bigsmile:

my dad always said...

Tall buildings need strong foundations...

to which I'd reply...
    Dad... if I'm 6'1, mom is 6'1 and my sister is 6'1... why are their foundations size 10 and mine is 12?

Apparently THEIR foundations were STRONG ENOUGH!!!
  • runningagainstmyself
    Options

my dad always said...

to which I'd reply...
    Dad... if I'm 6'1, mom is 6'1 and my sister is 6'1... why are their foundations size 10 and mine is 12?

OMG, someone else who is a size 12 shoe!!! I've been alone in the world for SO LONG!
    Long torso, so most shirts come up short unless I buy them large (and then I swim in them)
    Don't get me started on shoes, particularly with heels or boots. Omg... *headdesk*
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options

If you can't get rid of your stripes... then paint them purple and strut!

Ha! Love it!
  • MireyGal76
    Options

my dad always said...

to which I'd reply...

OMG, someone else who is a size 12 shoe!!! I've been alone in the world for SO LONG!
    Long torso, so most shirts come up short unless I buy them large (and then I swim in them)
    Don't get me started on shoes, particularly with heels or boots. Omg... *headdesk*

I proudly sport a 4" heel.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. Always had trouble finding trendy clothes that fit right. Shoes, swimwear. In the eighties their was a few years where everyone in my school was wearing jumpsuits, but I couldn't find one that didn't cut into shoulders or give me a wedgie (or both simultaneously). :grumble: And now, after losing almost 120lbs, there's quite a few problem areas that would take a while to tally, but I'm working on them. :smile:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11 - so, Tall.
    Vagina, yes.

Oddest complaint: I can never wear anything with a belt (shirt, belted dress, etc) or tuck my shirt in because my legs are so out of proportion to my torso. My mom is 5'4, my Dad is 6'4. I always say "I got the torso of a 5'4 woman and the leg length and arm length of a 6'4 man". The thinner I get the more obvious it is. I like having the flat stomach and no love handles, but my disproportionate body is very hard to dress.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Because I don't like to follow the rules :angry:

( secretly I really envy all of you. )
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    5'11 - so, Tall.
    Vagina, yes.

Oddest complaint: I can never wear anything with a belt (shirt, belted dress, etc) or tuck my shirt in because my legs are so out of proportion to my torso. My mom is 5'4, my Dad is 6'4. I always say "I got the torso of a 5'4 woman and the leg length and arm length of a 6'4 man". The thinner I get the more obvious it is. I like having the flat stomach and no love handles, but my disproportionate body is very hard to dress.

so what you are saying is that you have reeeeeeaaaaalllly long legs?

um.. ask a lot of guys if they'd complain... you have a normal size torso, and legs that go for miles.
    not a handicap in most people's eyes.

I'd challenge you to take a picture that you feel adequately displays the disproportion... and post it here for feedback.

you
    will
    be
    shocked
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    :sad: I feel sad because I'm too tall for the short threads, but too short for the tall threads. Where's the thread for not too short not too tall girls? 5'6" How about this... I have longer legs and shorter torso, so my skirts are short and it looks like my boobs sit on my waist. :grumble: I only have one real trouble spot. From my shoulders to my knees. :bigsmile:

^^ THIS this is me, exactly. 5'6", 34" inseam, but only barely an inch between my bottom rib and hipbone. Waist and hip are both 39", but my thighs are only 20". Add a 47" bust and I am the perfect inverted triangle. And yes, my boobs sit on my waist unless I have the super lifter bra on and am standing up completely straight. How's that for a visual? :laugh: :grumble:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    5'6" here. Shortest in a family of very tall people.

Feet = size 9.

The Limited carries the best fitting sizes for taller slim girls. You can get sizes down to -00 (I think) in all different lengths. And if the length is still too short for you, they come with very generous hems. ✿
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    This is my biggest problem! I haven't owned a swimsuit that I could wear in public in 6 years! Another thing I have a problem with is if I stand from a prolonged squat I almost pass out. Something about the blood having a longer distance to travel?

tankinis

the invention that hides the tummy and eliminates the wedgie
    oh and farah fawcett swimsuit hip line.

those one pieces... make you sing soprano when you bend over. :noway:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11 - so, Tall.
    Vagina, yes.

um.. ask a lot of guys if they'd complain... you have a normal size torso, and legs that go for miles.

I'd challenge you to take a picture that you feel adequately displays the disproportion... and post it here for feedback.

you
    will
    be
    shocked

I changed my profile photo - I'm the one with the short brown hair and legs coming out my armpits! I'm only complaining because I love clothes and 50% of them DON'T work for me and if I do find pants long enough (37"), they are about the same as my weekly salary...
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    5'11 - so, Tall.
    Vagina, yes.

you
    will
    be
    shocked

I changed my profile photo - I'm the one with the short brown hair and legs coming out my armpits! I'm only complaining because I love clothes and 50% of them DON'T work for me and if I do find pants long enough (37"), they are about the same as my weekly salary...

the shorts look a biiiiiiit like high waisted shorts, but I certainly don't see anything wrong with the picture. You have gorgeous legs.

What is the rise like on the shorts?

I have a pair that are short and high waisted, and I feel absolutely NASTY in them. Things bulge out at the wrong places, and my mind screams mental fat super loud.