TALL (or not short) GIRLS: What are your problem areas

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Big feet, but I'm small waisted so small shirts fit good except for the length, pants are too short unless in long, finding a man taller than me! Lol. And I don't consider tall anything over 5'2". More like over 5'7".

SEE?!?! D*mnit, I am too tall to be short and not tall enough to be tall!! :explode:

ETA: I am just a bit under 5' 6". My problem area is really my torso. It's too long in length and too wide around (mostly from pregnancy, but also because I have always had a belly pooch...it's just a lot worse now). So the length makes one piece suits and most shirts too short...then I have short legs, which means I have to find "short length" pants. Which are then often too short in the crotch-to-waist region. In order to avoid camel toe issues, i have to buy pants that are too big in some areas and too small in others. Seriously...I actually have to cuff yoga pants. It sucks.
  • annaowen67
    Options
    5'9.5" here, size 11 shoe (sometimes 10, sometimes 12)

My weight is pretty evenly distributed.

Biggest issue with pants is that the "average" length is way too short and the "tall" usually drags on the ground.
    Biggest personal issue is that there are a lot of short men out there, ugh!

I anticipate it all getting better once I get to goal!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

I changed my profile photo - I'm the one with the short brown hair and legs coming out my armpits! I'm only complaining because I love clothes and 50% of them DON'T work for me and if I do find pants long enough (37"), they are about the same as my weekly salary...

I would KILL for your body. And I would def be rocking some low riding jeans and fitted long Tees!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11 - so, Tall.
    Vagina, yes.

Oddest complaint: I can never wear anything with a belt (shirt, belted dress, etc) or tuck my shirt in because my legs are so out of proportion to my torso. My mom is 5'4, my Dad is 6'4. I always say "I got the torso of a 5'4 woman and the leg length and arm length of a 6'4 man". The thinner I get the more obvious it is. I like having the flat stomach and no love handles, but my disproportionate body is very hard to dress.

so what you are saying is that you have reeeeeeaaaaalllly long legs?

um.. ask a lot of guys if they'd complain... you have a normal size torso, and legs that go for miles.
    not a handicap in most people's eyes.

I'd challenge you to take a picture that you feel adequately displays the disproportion... and post it here for feedback.

you
    will
    be
    shocked

I changed my profile photo - I'm the one with the short brown hair and legs coming out my armpits! I'm only complaining because I love clothes and 50% of them DON'T work for me and if I do find pants long enough (37"), they are about the same as my weekly salary...

the shorts look a biiiiiiit like high waisted shorts, but I certainly don't see anything wrong with the picture. You have gorgeous legs.

What is the rise like on the shorts?

I have a pair that are short and high waisted, and I feel absolutely NASTY in them. Things bulge out at the wrong places, and my mind screams mental fat super loud.

Those suckers are Juniors and sitting at my hip bones. Not high waisted at all. Actually they are the lowest waist shorts I own (I'm almost 35 and not a fan of butt-crack). Yep. My body is just that short...
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,8 and definitely a girl!

I seem to have orang utan arms as tops are rarely long enough and look like they have shrunk in the wash.

I have big boobs so often I look shapeless as clothes are rarely tailored for a waist (I'm hourglass) I have to use Pepperberry for curvy girls to get the fit right.

I'm an in between leg length so long is too long and regular is too short so I have to buy long and turn them up!

I have some hilarious pics from my childhood somewhere as I was 5,6 when I was 10yrs old and goalkeeper on the netball team. The other girls were at least a foot shorter. I looked like a teacher playing! Except for wearing a shirt right for my age but not for my body!

My calves are too chunky for zip up or Wellington boots. One of my goals is to get slim enough to wear them.
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm 6ft, neither apple of pear shaped, more like the whole fridge (it IS improving!). Problem areas are easily covered when I can find pants that are long enough. Don't get me started on big feet! But... I suppose I'd look ridiculous if I had small feet carrying my tall, broad shouldered frame :bigsmile:

my dad always said...

Tall buildings need strong foundations...

to which I'd reply...
    Dad... if I'm 6'1, mom is 6'1 and my sister is 6'1... why are their foundations size 10 and mine is 12?

Apparently THEIR foundations were STRONG ENOUGH!!!

Haha when I was younger I thought I'd have to shop for fancy heels or boots in drag stores. Thank god times have changed and some bigger shops stock up to an 11AUS...
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    5'6" here. Shortest in a family of very tall people.

Feet = size 9.

The Limited carries the best fitting sizes for taller slim girls. You can get sizes down to -00 (I think) in all different lengths. And if the length is still too short for you, they come with very generous hems. ✿

Thanks!
  • Leimaro
    Leimaro Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Being 5'10 all my life :) I've shared the same problems (big feet, looooong legs, long arms, tallest person in a picture, blah, blah, blah). My top 2 have to be:
    1) dresses - the waists hit too high on my torso. :ohwell: so hardly wear them.
    2) salsa dancing - have to always duck when being passed under the guys arm even in flats. :frown: so I stopped learning. Well, until I can find a taller partner.

I do love to wear high heels to show off my long legs though! :love:
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    6' here....tall, check; girly, check

-large feet (size 13)- must order shoes online
    - must buy men's running shoes. (No cute girly colored shoes)
    -have to order tall pants
    -one piece swimsuits are too short
    - suit jacket sleeves are often to short.
    - carry my weight in my midsection
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    5'7 size 10 shoe :/ I hate having an inbetween height! I need longer shirts and sleeves and I hate that no clothes are made for tall hourglass figures! Heels bother me cuz it seems like all the tall guys I know want super short girls and nothing against shorter guys but i just feel so big and awkward towering over them
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    not really tall (5.65! admit to rounding up sometimes) but happy to have been invited, lol

my shoe size is 9.5, that's the most annoying. also i've got a comparatively broad frame, and that's annoying for buying bras.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, and I have size 10-11 shoes so I understand big feet and mine are wide so I can only wear so many hells that look good. also,my belly is the issue, I have big boobs, tall, and a belly so pants and shirts are like crazy different sizes for me or too long or too short. I hate shopping lol, My upper thighs I just now noticed have some cellulite and I am freaking out!!! Never had it before and I am SO determined to get rid of it!!!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I want to wear cute gorgeous F*$k me shoes with 6" heels. I don't because I am 5'11" and am sick of everyone telling me how tall I am. If I wore 6" heels I'd be 6'5".

*sigh* First world problems.... I know.

Other than that, the usual, big feet, pants not long enough.

I buy my stuff at Old Navy too.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    some shirts are too short :/
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I looked at your pics, and somehow it is all working for you very beautifully!

I am getting rid of my upper/outer thighs. Again.:explode:
  • NoraNw
    Options
    Shoes!! I would buy so many, when there is a sale and all the sizes are way too small :'(

and Trousers.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 with a size 12 shoe.
    I have a 36" (minimum) inseam.
    I wear heels
    PROUDLY

I will be tall with them, I will be tall without them.
    THIS is my motto:
    gifheels.jpg

This is me today...
    IMG_20130913_103835-1_zps382d1e84.jpg

Who cares if people comment. They'll comment anyways. Might as well make it a good one!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of girlfriends in college that wore size 12 in men's shoes (so 13.5 in women's when they could find it). One was 5'11" and the other is 6'6". One day the taller one say to the other "I found a really cool catalog for ordering high heels in our size... I think it's for drag queens but..."
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    dead average at 5'5" ( = "not short")

big(ish) feet (10) -- i end up buying more men's shoes (8) because i like the way they fit AND look :blushing:
    small boobs -- there are a lot of shirts and dresses that are just a no-go for me :sad:
    stick figure -- nothing loose and flowy for me, or i look like i'm wearing a gunnysack :explode:
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My problem is being on the cusp of tall/average. I'm 5'7" but have long legs. Most average length pants are too short. I love pajama pants, but struggle to get a pair long enough. When trying on pants, I don't grab different sizes. I grab same size but one average and one tall.