• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Liposuction - yes.

Other than that..no.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It's probably possible, yes. Healthy, probably not. LIKELY? Nope.

^^^ yup....
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its a bet...the participant is male no offense he will drop the weight faster..of course he can do it..hes not doing it for the long term health benefits so lets put that aside for a moment...obviously not caring to put the weight back on with turkey dinner and xmas lol....yeah u can do it I bet...and that's my honest answer without putting science into it..about it being fat or water.....your going to be one moody summagun
  • dewjake
    Options
    2.5 lbs per week is very possible, but check your numbers and make sure that you are not leading into the starvation mode (I did and gained weight even though I was eating so little). You also want to eat as healthy as possible! So plenty of fruits, veggies with lighter protein and a little of (good for you) complex carbs to carry you through your exercise routine. Good luck and I hope you succeed! :happy:

Dont spew the starvation myth stuff. It isnt good for the community. Do your research on that topic and you will find no support for it.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :happy: Oh wait!! :ohwell:

That isn't what you wanted to see, was it?

Hell, no it cannot be done! Are you freakin nuts?!?! :grumble: You'll go into starvation mode but instead of starving to death and becoming a skeleton, your body will hold onto to every morsel and turn it to fat and you'll EXPLODE into a million pieces! Like the people at Auschwitz or on a desert island! Why do you think they never find the people?! They starved into fat blobs that exploded!!! :bigsmile:
  • bacn60s
    bacn60s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mike it is possible to make it to 160lbs. Stay with 1200 calories a day !! Then walk or run for an hour a day, atleast. Do it when u can...Do not eat after 6pm.. Drink water only...coffee is ok... Remember, No Processed Foods... Meat, (bacon, steak, chicken, turkey,) Salads for lunch... Eat a good breakfast...I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast, wheat toast, 35 cal.
    Try not to eat a lot for supper....Snack on Watermelon, sugar free Popsicles..
    I have lost 60 lbs since April 11 of this year doing this...So if I can do it, so can u!!!
    Bill
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Dont spew the starvation myth stuff. It isnt good for the community. Do your research on that topic and you will find no support for it.
    internet high-five: ^5
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    more on-point... I've lost 30 lbs in 7 weeks. 35 in 12 should be a piece of cake. Unless you eat cake. Then it won't be as easy.
  • bob_day
    Options
    35 pounds, 3 months, 14 weeks, 2.5 lbs per week. Possible? Likely?

Yes, it's doable. But it will take very serious work. As a rough guess,
    3 1/2 to 4 hours per day of fitness exercises and around a 1400 calorie
    per day diet, to lose weight that fast healthfully.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    35 pounds, 3 months, 14 weeks, 2.5 lbs per week. Possible? Likely?

At your size, you're looking at a BMR of, what, 1600? Call it 1800 @ sedentary. You need a deficit of about 9000 calories a week, or 1300 calories a day.

So basically, either you need to stop eating more or less completely for three months, or start doing crap loads of exercise to create the deficit. By "crap loads" I mean multiple hours a day of burning, burning, burning.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Does it count if you cut off a foot or a hand?

Otherwise, I think it is probably pretty unlikely. If you're a former bodybuilder, you already know that a lot of it is going to be muscle, so why would you want to do it anyway?
  • doublegrrr24
    Options
    It's possible.