Whats that tingly feeling after workout?

Options
After I get done on the bike or the treadmill the sides of my thighs...tingle? It's hard to describe but it feels like little nerves jumping or something all up the sides of my outer thighs. It's only after longer workouts of 30 minutes or so. What on earth is that??

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    endorphins.jpg

no, well, yes maybe. It's likely just nerve endings reacting to increased blood flow.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I dont know about tingly but after i run my legs just start to itch like crazy
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Hey yeah! I actually never had this until about a month ago...i know exactly what you are talking about.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I like to think they're fat cells popping hah :-)
  • cllmetatrsld
    cllmetatrsld Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it that way too!
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It's a stroke. You're working too hard.
  • bmdft75
    bmdft75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Isnt it your Muscle fibres reconnecting. During the work out you rip them apart. The blood then rushes down and starts the process of repairing them. Which is what you are feeling.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I call it 'pinging' and I know I've done a good job when it happens :smile:
  • earthdragon1788
    Options
    It's a stroke. You're working too hard.

it is not a stroke...dont scare people! stroke u get chest pain, and arm pain similar to a heart attack, you also usually get facial drop and are unable to pronounce words...and yes i do know what im talking about im a nurse.
    on another note the tingling is your muscles still working.
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I get lots of tingling down the outside of my leg down to my foot. it is from pressure on the nerve from my hip bursitis / IT band issues.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Victory.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Now just imagine that feeling all over your body ALL THE TIME.

Or that your body is on fire from the inside out.

It's called Fibromyaglia.

In your case, I think it's just the increase blood flow from a good work out - as long as it stops after a while, you're good.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It's the Muscle Faeries blessing you. EMBRACE IT!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kenisie
    Kenisie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've asked the same question. Weird feeling. I just tell myself it's a "good" thing since I've just exercised.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean I get that after long walks not really after my runs though.
  • xJustBreathex
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? That always happens to me after workouts when I'm not drinking enough.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    That there is a classic case of the North American cooties. You can get a spray for that at your local pharmacy...I opted for the preventative shot this year.

:tongue:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Its increased blood flow that causes the itching guys...

Increased Nitric oxide combined with clothes rubbing against the skin and sweat .

:wink: Not too serious