Chris Powell Turbo Carb Cycling Plan

Options
Anyone else doing the Turbo Carb Cycling Plan? What are you doing for breakfast? What are you doing for hunger on Low Carb days?

Replies

• danyelle1119
    Options
    I want to try this plan. Does it actually work? I love Chris Powell and I am amazed of his work. Kind of curious about that particular cycle.
  • acahane
    acahane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Classic Cycle and it's working for me
  • powellmichaela
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the Turbo Cycle, and so far so good. I think the key to not feel hungry is to eat the recommended size of veggies (its a lot of food) and drink lots of water.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I don't have the book yet but I downloaded the free app on my phone for the Chris Powell plan and I really want to try it. My question Is that on the app he recommends you use protein shakes and another thing called bod-e burn in the afternoon. is that also the case with the book?
  • meganbriann
    meganbriann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    He doesn't push the Bod-e products in the book. But it does help to have the protein shakes to make something in a hurry! I started it this week and use a protein powder that has 100 calories per scoop with almond milk for protein at work.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i am on day 5 of the classic. I am struggling with eating enough (never my problem before)

I do okay most of the tie breakfast and dinner

For breakfast i either doing oatmeal with walnutes, or a wheat bagel thin with peanut butter.

how many calories are you doing on low carb/high carb
  • envbj77
    envbj77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing with this? Today is day 2 thinking of making it a turbo cycle as im really not too hungry. Thanks!!
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love the turbo carb cycling plan. I am on month 2! Down 5 pounds so far. I only have about 9 pounds to go so that is good for me. It's a great plan that you can do for life. Feel free to friend me if you need support.
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just started Chris's turbo cycle...day 3...which so far is not too bad...I have to definetly eat lots more veggies...I have to stock up and cut and bag them so they are ready to go...the every 3 hour eating has been a challenge later in the day..sometime I am supposed to eat 1 pm then 4 then 7 but dinner usually comes earlier..

DO YOU FOLLOW THE EVERY 3 HRS TO THE LETTER???
    WOULD LOVE SOME FEEDBACK :wink:
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    On day 3 of turbo...loving it so far???? hope ur doing well
  • thehappyfitmusician
    Options
    Question!

Those of you that are experienced...

Do you eat back your exercise calories or completely leave them alone?

I burn about 700 calories 5-6 days per week and am worried that I will be in calorie deficit.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I just came across this yesterday and am curious about it too. I know I have way too many carbs (good & bad) so I'm going to try this. The protein shake for breakfast is fine with me because I already drink that (almond/coconut milk, whey protein powder & frozen fruit).

Any feedback or suggestions would be great - thanks!
  • skylynn1220
    Options
    What is the app never heard about this? I read his book the second book haven't seen an app yet.
  • ForMe1213
    ForMe1213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm needing some help, I've started Chris Powell's carb cycling. (Turbo Cycle) What I'm looking for is for someone to give me an idea of what they are eating day to day!
    The book has great info and recipes although a sample menu would be great!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Amy
  • ForMe1213
    ForMe1213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've just started the Turbo cycle, are you still doing the program? I'd love to pick your brain lol!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I used the Bode by Vemma app but didn't use the shakes and stuff they advertised. I use MFP to logg calories though so didn't stick to their portion sizes. Carb cycling did work well. I added extra celery to fill me up if I was hungry.
  • halaghh
    halaghh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been on the carb cycling program for almost 3 weeks. At my two week weigh in I was down 11.4 lbs. My next weigh in is Thursday and I'm hoping to be down a total of 15 lbs. I eat a lot of veggies, chicken, and Greek yogurt. I really love this diet so far. I'm using the vemma bode products, but it would be easy to substitute their products.
  • zandraak
    zandraak Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am doing the classic cycle. I'm sure my diet is not perfect by any means, but here is what I ate the last two days:

High Carb
    Breakfast - ezekiel cinnamon raisin english muffin, 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    Snack - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup fresh blueberries
    Lunch - 1 slice whole grain bread, ham slices, tomato
    Snack - 1/2 chicken breast, black beans, over kale salad
    Dinner - 1 serving dreamfields pasta, 1/4 cup light alfredo sauce, broccoli, 1/2 chicken breast

Low Carb
    Breakfast - fage 0%, granola
    Snack - hard boiled eggs, one cut up red pepper
    Lunch - turkey breast lunch meat, mini babybel cheeses, kale salad
    Snack - 1/2 chicken breast, broccoli, shredded cheese, mushrooms
    Dinner - steak, cheese, green beans

I measure and weigh everything and go by the book on portion sizes.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the Vemma Bod•ē app. I expect them to promote their products. Is there another Powell app? I'm still trying to decide if I want to do this carb cycling.
  • Holly82Much
    Options
    Just rounding the corner on my first week on Chris's turbo plan. Tomorrow is reward day!! If anyone else is still working at it, add me as a friend and we can support each other. My food journal is unlocked to help me stay accountable.