only 10 pounds!

Options
hi i'm new...i would be so happy if i can lose just 10 pounds..........its so hard for me to be disciplined lately........i usually manage to take care only for 3 days before giving in!!

Replies

• sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Hi there, I am trying to lose 13lbs, I have lost 5lb with mfp already but I am having a real struggle too. I can manage about 2-3 good days and then I lose all willpower and my diet goes out the window. I get back on track again and then come monday weigh-in the scales haven't budged and I wonder why? I really need a kick up the butt.......
  • determined99
    Options
    Hello,

if you've lost 5 that is definitely motivation to lose more....keep it up!!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Thank you! I will get there it's just coming off very slowly and that's when I get disheartened. But I will not give up!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose the longer it will take generally. Just keep signing in on here and fill in your food diary, if nothing else you will see what food areas you need to be watching. You will get there but ease up on yourself because its trying for big leaps that is making you give in.

I've lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks but I have a LOT to lose, if I only needed to lose 12 pounds it would probably take 2 months to do it sensibly and sensibly is the only way to lose it and keep it lost
  • headstock48
    Options
    Hi. I'm new, too. Since I have found this site and started dieting I have actually gained four pounds. I do very well at the beginning of the day, then fall off and eat. I'm hoping that a little mutal support will help! And for the women who have already posted today:
    Thank you!
  • headstock48
    Options
    Hi. I have about twenty pounds to lose. It was interesting to read that if we have less weight to lose it comes off slower. Now you just keep on keepin' on. You can do it and so can I!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I do very well at the beginning of the day, then fall off and eat.

You should be eating, even a little of what you fancy. just choose wisely. I probably have 5 chocolate bars a week and have still managed to lose 12lbs in 4 weeks...I've chosen a chocolate wafer bar that comes in at 82 calories so I can indulge and still lose. I don't feel like I'm depriving myself, thats would be the diet breaker for me.

Set your food calculator to lose 1lb a week, anything more than that and you will start to feel deprived on the allowance it gives you, if you go under calories then weight loss will be quicker but is also more likely to sneak back on.
  • determined99
    Options
    LOL im the same............great till midday then after lunch i'm looking for something sweet. Do u exercise?? if you do then try to do it in the morning, makes you feel guiltier when you eat unhealthy during the day, makes you feel your efforts were all wasted!!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Before I started on this site, I'd be good for 2, maybe 3 days....then give up. Ever since I've been logging everything (it's only been 3 weeks, but that's an accomplishment compared to what it was), it's been super motivating. I know I would be WAY over calories if I didn't log stuff in. It really is shocking how fast they add up!

Keep with it, you can do it & there are lots of great motivators on this site! :) Anyone is welcome to friend me (I'll encourage ya!)...Just don't judge my food diary too harshly...it IS after all, halloween season ;)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I do the same thing. I'll do great for a day or two and then I just start making horrible choices and not exercising. I gain everything back and then do good for a couple more days. So really I'm just maintaining. My goal is to lose 65 lbs though. I've lost 7.