Pet peeves and petty annoyances

Options

Replies

• MissyI30
    MissyI30 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    People that smack while chewing gum and people that crunch ice.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    quarter squats
  • SweetKisses1988
    Options
    Definitely people who pull out in front of you, and then go extremely SLOW ... and # hashtagging!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    When these little fockers take up residence around my house. :angry: I have KIDS for crying out loud!

OK, black widows aren't a petty annoyance, that's the REAL DEAL! I'd be pissed if you WEREN'T upset!

holy crap those things freak me out lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I absolutely HATE misspelled, mispronounced, and/or misused words.

Most common (on MFP and/or in my daily life):

definitely
    chipotle
    voluptuous
    exercise
    psychology, psyche, and/or psychological
    fiber
    independent
    HIPAA (it's not HIPPA!)
    breath vs. breathe
    heels vs. heals
    lose vs. loose
    weigh vs. weight
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    people who use chat speak out loud I want to Ctr Alt delete their *kitten*
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    - People who text constantly.
    - People who text constantly while in my company - live in the moment!!!
    - People who text constantly while driving.
    - People who let their children sit at a bar in a restaurant
    - People who post everything about their lives on facebook, including photos of their children in the bathtub (hello pedophilia)
    - People who don't wipe down the machines at the gym.
    - People who try to talk to me on the train when I have headphones on.
    - People who bring their child to a $40-a-plate restaurant on a Saturday night at 8PM.
    - People who drive 40mph in the fast lane and fail to understand why everyone is pulling around them.
    - Bikers who think they own the entire road and that they have the right of way over cars, pedestrians, and anyone else.
    - Generally, parents who have nothing better to do but talk about how awesome their kid is/ think their child should be exempt from every rule because of how "mature" they are.
    - Consistently late people.

Jeez, that's a lot. I feel better :drinker: :drinker:

Yep, agree with all of the above!

It also bugs me that more people don't recycle. It is NOT difficult.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    When people drive below the speed limit on a single lane road. Then when they get to the passing lane, they speed up to keep you from getting ahead of them. Happens on the highways near where I live all the time.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I volunteer in EMS, and it irks me to no end when people don't pull the #$#^&@ over and come to a complete stop when I approach in an ambulance with lights and sirens. Especially on the highway, when traffic is at a standstill due to an accident up ahead. Do you REALLY think that inching up to the bumper of the car in front of you is going help me get past you? NO! I need you to pull off to the side! Yes, I know that will make you lose your "place in line" and the car behind will likely beat you in behind me, but imagine it's your teenage kid who just crashed up ahead. I need to get to them NOW.

My other (smaller) annoyance is when I pull over for an approaching ambulance, yet cars pass me like I'm pulling over for them. Grrrrrrrrr!

YES YES YES!! I worked in EMS for many years, and this irked me to no end.

To add to this, is when you have a patient in back getting their history and you asked them 20 flippin' times if they're taking any medication. Oh noooooo not at all, or any medical history, oh noooo, not at all.

Then you get to the ER, you're giving the doc the rundown, and all of a sudden patient has an epiphany and REMEMBERS they take cardiac meds AND had a heart attack! Uh, paging dumb *kitten* EMT...... Yeah, and it ALWAYS happened with the douche bag doctor! Always! Doesn't matter you've kept them from losing that leg that's hanging on by two tendons, you're a dumb *kitten* because you didn't "know" they were on meds and had a history!

Moral to the story?

If you're in an ambulance and can speak, try try try to let your EMT's Paramedics know what you're taking, and what your medical history is. No, we do not need to know about your ear infection when you were 5, Yes we do need to know about that heart attack! No, "I'm taking a blue pill for my nerves" does not count as knowing what medication you take. :laugh:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    People who make these stupid threads.
  • kganc001
    Options
    The people who take the electric carts around Walmart because they're lazy. But they'll get up and walk to grab the twinkies. But try and run you over in the aisle! I understand some people legitimately need them. But where I live, trust me, the people that use them don't need them. o.O

I also get really bad road rage. I don't act out by driving...I just scream curse words at my dash!

And chewing with your mouth open...even though I'm the millionth person to say it. >.>
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Tardiness

Lately, though, its people who share things on Facebook that are absolute lies/hoaxes/falsehoods/outdated (by outdated, I mean circulating posters for missing kids that were found five years ago, etc). Snopes, people, know it, use it, love it...

OMG yes!!!
    People who are pushy - I said no, right, let it go.
    To, too, two, they, they're, their and so forth. Did you go to miss school that day or what?
    People who WON"T move over when you say excuse me in the store.
    Screaming children in public - take them to the bathroom or the car unless you are ABSOLUTELY nearly done. I won't say you should beat them, but just take them out of the situation and calm them down.
    People who tell me simple jokes and think they are the funniest things ever.
    Being called an "angel in white" as a nurse - nope, that does injustice to angels - they have much bigger work to do. I on the other hand, come with flaws a plenty.
    People who don't get sarcasm... then tell you you shouldn't feel that way or say that or whatever. Dude, just don't hang around me okay?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    People
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    People who say or they're going to "try and" do something.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Do or do not, there is no try.
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    People who don't wave when you let them merge in front of you in traffic.

Spelling and grammar mistakes in advertising and on the news.

Mispronunciation of common (in English) Spanish words - jalapeno, tortilla, etc.

The use of 'impact' as a transient verb - "changes to the market will impact the economy" is NOT a real sentence! "Changes to the market will HAVE AN impact on the economy" is. The worst thing is that this usage seems to be weedling its way into legitimate English.

Aaaaargh!!!!!
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    People who don't wave when you let them merge in front of you in traffic.

Spelling and grammar mistakes in advertising and on the news.

Mispronunciation of common (in English) Spanish words - jalapeno, tortilla, etc.

The use of 'impact' as a transient verb - "changes to the market will impact the economy" is NOT a real sentence! "Changes to the market will HAVE AN impact on the economy" is. The worst thing is that this usage seems to be weedling its way into legitimate English.

Aaaaargh!!!!!

I know, I know, 'weedling' is also not a real word. In this instance I felt it was appropriate. :P
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    When I'm one car away from squeezing into the turn lane while the light is green, then it turns red and I notice there's 2 car lengths of empty space ahead of said car.

When people don't signal.

When people don't ever turn their signal OFF.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    oh and people on linkedin who have never worked in your industry, but claim to be an expert in it... and ignorant people fall for it.

How about the people on Linkedin who recommend you for technical experience when they either 1. have no idea what you do. or 2. have never worked with you.

"oh, let me click this button for my friend" nice, but it irks me.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    oh, people who think they have the right to tell me their opinion on hunting and how it's "evil" while they're scarfing down some meet from a big feedlot.

If it weren't illegal, I'd knock em out.
    I ain't gonna lie. I've never hunted or fished but I respect those who do. I also watch "Doomsday Preppers" and when it hits the fan, I'm gonna hang out with you! Right, buddy? :smile:

I have recipes for human. (Ok, not anymore, but I did, it was an old cookbook that since grew legs, and it had recipes for human.)

You ever had squirrel? You wanna? :D

My step dad used to shoot squirrel and make it for us, but we never could like it though, because he always told us he cooked the cat. He was an insufferable b@stard.
    I'm probably not going to try squirrel again. lol
    I like game birds and venison though.