I must be crazy

Options
So I just recently decided to get serious about getting fit and losing weight. I decided a few nights ago that I was going to run/walk in the Jingle Bell Run/ Walk for the Arthritis Foundation. I have had arthritis since I was 12 and I am now 31.

Now I am thinking that I am going to do my first 5k run. I thought it appropriate to make it my first. Oh man what am I thinking. I know I have time to train, its 10 weeks away. Whew I guess here I go! There's no looking back :) I had better get started!!

Replies

• Jennifer0102
    Jennifer0102 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes you better get going, but you can do it if you put your mind to it! Good luck!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    If you don't have a training plan yet, you might want to check out the Couch to 5k plan, it's a 9 week plan so it fits right in with the race you want to do.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Not crazy, Hon .... Determined!! I'm sure we'll all be waiting to hear how you're training is progressing .... And of course ... The result! Maybe you should start a Blog!!
  • crosedonahue
    crosedonahue Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5K a few weeks ago. I trained for about 10 weeks, also. It's an amazing experience! Training for that event helped jump-start my weight loss- Good luck! You're gonna have a blast.
  • lessman29
    Options
    Oooh a blog may be a good motivator thanks for the great idea!! Thanks for the tips on the training plans. I am looking into them right now. I will keep everyone posted!!
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the couch to 5 K plan for about 3 weeks now, although I just started week 2 of the program because I have never run before. Its a great program and if you have an iPod, it is well worth the 2 or 3$ to download it. I am hoping to run a 5K in the spring if not sooner so I totally know where you are coming from. Good luck and have fun!