Extreme dieter looking for friends who can relate

Options
Im a 30 year old female. Ever since I was a child I have always had self esteem issues. I constantly look in the mirror however I do manage NOT to step on the scale more than once every two weeks more because Im afraid of it. I'm what you would call an extreme dieter. My crazy diets range from over exercising, to eating very little, HCG dieting (500 cals a day), and many more. My dad used to call me fat and always reminded me that I ate too much, although I have looked through hundreds of family photos and haven't found a chunky pic yet. Still this mental abuse haunts my every thoughts of my every waking moments. Im trying to find a balance. Im looking for friends who can relate to such issues, or who have eating disorders and can relate and be a support system for me to help me. Im 5'7 135 pounds but would like to be 120. What's your story?

Replies

• Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Im not an extrem dieter but my parents always said Im too fat (in a way hey take care of your body). only bc Im not like my mom a skinny thai with a perfect body.
    and my ex said that as well, mostly when he was drunk. My friends said my personality changed since I was with him then I recon god damn look at the mirror you dont need nobody to f**ing tell you what you are. I am me, and Im ok with it and if its not ok with you then the hell get out of my life. I choose ppl who are positive bc Im positive.

Your story is hard. If you are happy with it then its ok. A balance would be good.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Beautiful arm and shoulder. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I would like to wish you well. But as a 5'3 and a half person looking to see 140 lb one day I don't see your 135 at 5'7' as any problem.

I have to agree there is nothing worse than being browbeaten about one's size as either a child, young person, or even adult especially when there is no problem. Take heart from the evidence of your family album. I am sure there will be photos in there of you with friends and family of similar ages, see how you fit in the group size wise. I am sure you will be in the least plump side of any group.

I have no idea what I would look like at your chosen weight. If it is attainable for you to achieve and maintain all very well but should your body want to be a little more please listen to it.

all the very best in your aim
  • RunningSwede
    RunningSwede Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on finding balance in your life, and freedom from past comments/memories...
  • msee70
    Options
    It's tough, hang in there.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That goal for your weight sounds a little bit low for me. That would be a low weight in my eyes for myself and I'm 5'4".

I would get some therapy and focus on inches.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Please don't eat 500 calz a day

WTF IS THIS
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to get healthy or are you still looking to continue your eating disordered ways?
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to get healthy or are you still looking to continue your eating disordered ways?

This.

You don't need support to extreme diet. You need mental health support to get your dads lying words out of your head.

This is not a site that supports engaging in eating disordered behavior. It IS a community that supports people fiercely as they recover.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    your arm and boob look good.
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm an extreme dieter aswell. it all started during my childhood, my mum used to call me fat and lazy all the time and when I slept past about 7 am I could hear her downstairs yelling about the "fat lazy cow upstairs". The depression caused by this led to periods of me eating everything in sight coupled with periods of pretty much starving myself :ohwell: I'm a bit better now but I seem to have landed myself in a cycle of extreme dieting, which I've been trying to get out of :smile: you're welcome to add me, if you like :smile:
  • samammay
    Options
    My advice: don't do anything extreme. Eat healthy, lift heavy, get super buff/cut and then go back and punch anyone that has ever told you that you anything less than friggin awesome. Hard. In the face.
  • drencoronado
    drencoronado Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being brave enough to share your story. You can reach your goal weight, healthy and strong. Please don't listen to any of the negative replies on here. The last thing any of us needs is negativity.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being brave enough to share your story. You can reach your goal weight, healthy and strong. Please don't listen to any of the negative replies on here. The last thing any of us needs is negativity.

I don't thing anyone is being negative... Like the others have said this site is not about extreme dieting. However, it is about supporting someone trying to be healthy.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

I don't thing anyone is being negative... Like the others have said this site is not about extreme dieting. However, it is about supporting someone trying to be healthy.

Well I certainly wasn't trying to be negative. I was just asking what her intentions were. I used to be an extreme dieter because of deep psychological issues as well. All that extreme dieting led to huge binges. For over 10 years, I was in a extreme diet/binge cycle. I dieted and binged my way up to 290 pounds, and screwed up my metabolism. MFP has been a godsend as the tools and people here have helped me break free of that vicious cycle. I haven't extreme dieted for 20 months now!

So again OP, why are you here? If you are here to recover I can help you with that since I've been where you are. Send me a friend request and I will gladly extend my hand of support to you. But if you are looking for people still engaging in extreme dieting, then I am not your person. Good luck on your journey and whichever path you choose to take.