Ladies. I have a question about monthly cycle

Options
So. I had a regular period July and August (both lasting 6/7 days) and have just had this months and it arrived on Sunday morning and had disappeared completely by weds around 3pm. I've never had such a short period. I'm concerned as I'm like clockwork, I have a docs appointment next week for something unrelated but was hoping I could get some insight or reassurance that this is normal.

Replies

• crzybeautiful23
    Options
    Thats a normal cycle for me, lately lol weight loss and exercise can affect the length and strength of your monthly!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Could b due to weight loss. Mine r like 2-3 days now max and never were til last 4 months or so. Not a bad thing.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Friday the 13th will now be named TOM Friday.
  • Sarahloulalou
    Sarahloulalou Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thankyou. I did a pregnancy test this morning feeling totally paranoid, was negative of course but just for peace of mind.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think twice about it, if its the first time that is nothing. An average cycle is 5-7 days anyways but that doesn't mean it won't start back up again. I have on occasion had mine for 3 days, then have a day of nothing then the next day its back full force & finishes up by day 6. I would only be concerned if it disappeared completely for long stretches (mine was gone for 3-4mths at a time then I would have one & nothing again for mths but finally regulated after I lost weight). Don't stress but keep in mind weight loss will 100% affect your cycle so this might be your new normal.
  • bettybunz
    Options
    Friday the 13th will now be named TOM Friday.

NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Ask your Dr. at your upcoming appointment. :)
  • Sarahloulalou
    Options
    Could b due to weight loss. Mine r like 2-3 days now max and never were til last 4 months or so. Not a bad thing.

Interesting. 2-3 days! How long were the before?
  • Sarahloulalou
    Options
    Ask your Dr. at your upcoming appointment. :)

Well I will but until then I'm asking on here
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've never had a 7 day period before. Maybe 4-5, but now that I'm on BC It's 3-4.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Talk to your doc if you are worried but it doesn't sounds bad to me. I always have 4 day periods and that is my normal. But it looks like you joined up in June which means you are about 3 months in and you body might still be changing and adjusting to your behavior changes. You are still having it though so if it totally disapears then that is when you should worry that you are training too hard or not eating enough.
  • Sarahloulalou
    Options
    I wouldn't think twice about it, if its the first time that is nothing. An average cycle is 5-7 days anyways but that doesn't mean it won't start back up again. I have on occasion had mine for 3 days, then have a day of nothing then the next day its back full force & finishes up by day 6. I would only be concerned if it disappeared completely for long stretches (mine was gone for 3-4mths at a time then I would have one & nothing again for mths but finally regulated after I lost weight). Don't stress but keep in mind weight loss will 100% affect your cycle so this might be your new normal.

Reassuring. Thankyou :)
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When I started lifting weights my period went all kinds of haywire. It got to the point to where I was 28 days late. When that happened, I researched a bit and I found out that I wasn't eating enough calories or protein. I upped both according to the calculations I put in the Scooby Workshop calorie calculator (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) and everything went back to normal in just 4 weeks.

SN: I'm making a lot more progress with my training by eating more calories and protein than I was before.
  • Sarahloulalou
    Options
    Thankyou for the replies :)
  • dan30thz28
    Options
    Hubby's profile was still logged in on our computer...not mine...that's embarrassing...for him! (Sorry Hon!) :blushing:
  • Sarahloulalou
    Options
    LOL I didn't even read what you'd put. :)
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Neither did he! Thank goodness! LOL!

I said that it could be that your weight loss is affecting your hormone levels. It's been found that as you lose weight, estrogen can be released when fat is lost since it is stored in the cells

http://www.livestrong.com/article/380208-is-estrogen-released-when-belly-fat-is-lost/

The embarrassing part was when I said that it had happened to me last year, I had my period for 5-6 days and then had it again for 2-3 days....

Obviously that did not happen to HIM! LOL!
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow I wish I had known that too little calories could affect your TOM.

My period was 7 days late and I was in hell. Back then I had only been eating at 1200 for about 20 days, however.

Anyway, it came as usual, took a test and it was negative. But that was the first time in my life it didnt arrive on day 4 of the pill free week. Worrying.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    As you get older your period can start to change. I'm about to be 38, and my periods have gotten shorter in duration and cycle over the past several years. So I get to deal with PMS more often, yay! But the compensation is that at least I don't have to deal with Aunt Flo for more than 4-5 days.
  • Sarahloulalou
    Options

Neither did he! Thank goodness! LOL!

I said that it could be that your weight loss is affecting your hormone levels. It's been found that as you lose weight, estrogen can be released when fat is lost since it is stored in the cells

http://www.livestrong.com/article/380208-is-estrogen-released-when-belly-fat-is-lost/

The embarrassing part was when I said that it had happened to me last year, I had my period for 5-6 days and then had it again for 2-3 days....

Obviously that did not happen to HIM! LOL!

OMG that made me laugh out loud! Hahaha. Thanks for the reply :)