People ask me why I do "WEIGHT THROWING"

Options
triniechu
triniechu Posts: 51
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hey guys!
I have a few people ask me why I do weight throwing. Well I do weight throwing because I will be competing in the "SCOTTISH HIGHLAND GAMES." Not sure if you guys have been to a celtic festival or even a scottish festival. But yup my boyfriend and I will be in kilts, throwing weights in the air, throwing for distance and tossing logs in the air! yup this is my first time competing...im not really sure how im going to do next weekend but it will definitely be a fun experience!

There will be a Ren faire in MT. Hope, (Sept. 22nd). So if you guys live in the area, feel free to drop by and see my friends and I compete in the highland games! Look for a big Korean guy and a short Filipino girl in kilts!!

So this is just to clear up why I do weight throwing. Oh and you dont have to be scottish to compete. Anyone can compete :)

hsv1.jpg

Replies

• triniechu
    Options
    Mt. Hope, PA :)
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Cool!

I hope you both do well at the games.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Oh my god you look so effin cute in a kilt! You go girl!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    If i lived close i'd so do this. It sounds like so much fun.
  • applepie161987
    Options
    That looks like fun! Good luck!
  • triniechu
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Not sure if im going to do well though lol
    The light weight is 16 lbs, which isnt too bad. Now swinging around 28 pounds is a WHOLE different story!!
    As for the caber (log) toss....i'm going to wing that one! hahaha
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I threw shot put and discus in high school. I went to a highland games in Wisconsin a few years ago, and I really wanted to try these events. Good for you! Good luck, and have fun!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good luck! We're behind you . . . so just make sure you throw it in the right direction, lol.
    Love the kilt.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I love going to Highland games festivals. My husband and I both have relatives in Scotland. We missed our local games this year, but hopefully we'll catch another one. We're nowhere near MT, but good luck!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Will you and your boyfriend be in a Starburst commercial?"

starburst-1.jpg

Good luck to you both!
  • triniechu
    Options
    Yay! Good luck! We're behind you . . . so just make sure you throw it in the right direction, lol.
    Love the kilt.

Yesss definitely! I was watching my boyfriend compete and one of our friends were taking photographs during the stone throw....and they accidentally threw it right her. Luckily she just had a bruise on her leg and nothing serious. O_o
  • triniechu
    Options
    Will you and your boyfriend be in a Starburst commercial?"

starburst-1.jpg

Good luck to you both!

We might! hahaha :-P
    Thank you!! :)
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That sounds super cool! Your before/after profile pic is amazing!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Cute! and good luck at your competition!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! Good luck! And you are rockin the kilt.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    This looks like so much fun I would check this out if I was anywhere nearby and good luck!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of weight throwing. How fun that you're competing, and in a kilt! :bigsmile:
  • triniechu
    Options
    cbkd.jpg

Here's the bf guys! I'm pretty sure the log is about 110-120 lbs for men. For women i think it will be a bit lighter than that. We pretty much have to pick it up first and make sure we have a good balance, then walk about 10-15 feet, FLIP IT, and we get a good score if it lands directly 12 o'clock
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Not in MT, but the caber toss is an awesome sport! Actually, pretty much everything at highland games are amazing. I don't usually like sports, but there's something about people wearing kilts and throwing around heavy objects.
  • triniechu
    Options
    Not in MT, but the caber toss is an awesome sport! Actually, pretty much everything at highland games are amazing. I don't usually like sports, but there's something about people wearing kilts and throwing around heavy objects.

yeah it's awesome!! I've met so many nice people during the games too! There was even a guy who had 2 prosthetic legs who was competing and he was amazing! So just seeing that was an inspiration. If he can do it, then why can't i?? :)
This discussion has been closed.