drop 71lbs in 1 year! Thanks MFP app!!

Options
Hi, I have been a member for a long time, I usually just track everything with my smartphone and never really explored the community boards before. After reading your boards for the past 2 days, I think I want to join in on the fun!

My journey: Since a teen I struggled with my weight, diets, fads, you name it, I tried it! I was 200lbs when I got pregnant with my first child. Which is heavy for my 5'10 frame. (I gained 80lbs with that pregnancy) After having my first I was 255lbs, I was very unhappy with my weight and decided to change. I lost 100lbs in 1 year and kept it off until I had baby #2. Another 80lbs gained. I have 4 children now. This cycle happened 4 times, up 70-80lbs each time, then tracking and working my *kitten* off to drop it all!

All my friends call me a health expert, they see me transform all the time, and sometimes think I have it easy. I hate it when people tell me "You loss weight soo easy".Really??? Does tracking everything you eat everyday, working out 4/5 times a day, running after 4 kids sound easy? NO THANKS.. This is hard work, you need to stay focused, workout and try your best to be the best version of yourself each day. I am also known as the motivational speaker - I love motivating and inspiring others. :)

Here is my secrets:
Currently (2013) I dropped 71lbs and am aiming to drop another 25lbs. I am size 12/13 now. I eat every few hours, 3 meals, 2 snacks. I eat a clean diet 90% of the day, and allow 10% for fun. One of my 10% is usually starbucks reduced fat banana chocolate chip loaf. I do not drink pop or alcohol because I rather eat my calories. I am a BIG fan of Protein shakes, I have it everyday for breakfast, with kale, and frozen fruits. I do not eat past 7pm(sometimes 8) and I drink half a lemon with green tea everynight around 10. I use stevia as a sweetener.

My routine:
For my body - I do HITT (high intensity interval training), and also weights. Plus eating healthy 90% of the time.
For my mind - I made a album with all my before and after photos (after each baby) with positive quotes reminding myself I can do it. I read it anytime I need a boost. I also use hypnosis (affirmations to stay strong)
For my spirit - just loving myself no matter what, I stop negative self talk, stop judging myself if I slip up. etc... I am now 185lbs and my goal is to be 160lbs!! I haven't been this weight since after baby #2. I am happy to say I weight less now then I did before I had any children!!
99584765-321d-444b-8d6e-2240c2bf6154_zps206e3f64.jpg

IF I can do this, you can too!! Its not a race, its a process. Just do your best everyday,
hope this works!!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    Congrats, amazing job.its all about consistancy
  • TakingControl13
    Options
    Wow!! You go girl! You look amazing.
  • MandyLion76
    MandyLion76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats to you and your awesome achievement!
    You look fabulous!
  • GoddessNatalia
    GoddessNatalia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support, here is another before after I just made. Halloween last year 2012,and august 2013. 40476b7f-14e8-4318-98de-d8b245802e2d_zps891b1f16.jpg
  • pg1derful
    Options
    You have great focus!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an amazing job well done - you look fabulous!
  • GoddessNatalia
    Options
    Thanks guys, love all your support, glad I shared it here. I am gonna take advantage of this site, and come online everynight instead of just my app!! You guys make me smile, on my way the gym, day 4!!!!!
  • jeseher
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the great work and thank you for being an inspiration!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    congratulations you look awesome!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Congrats :flowerforyou:

21525558.png
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look happier and that is a good thing. Keep it going.
  • leslilippthomas
    Options
    You are an inspiration!!! THANK YOU for sharing your story!!:flowerforyou:
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.
  • GoddessNatalia
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I love your support, this is what I needed to reach another 25lb loss. I sometimes get comfy here, but I know I want to get more toned and get rid of more fat, so from now on I will come here and re read your comments for encouragement. THANKS MFP friends. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!