Any food tips while watching football all day Saturday?

Options
2»

Replies

• Comonemo
    Options
    An example....

Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

I will definitely second these!!! (I actually don't even coat in flour, they are still good!)

Kale Chips are surprisingly delicious (with a little olive oil and sea salt) and a fiber rich snack.

Veggies/Hummus

Ground turkey/chicken meatballs

Flavored turkey bacon sticks (bake turkey bacon in oven, flavor with chili powder or soy sauce and Chinese 5 spice)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    My favorite is air popped popcorn with butter spray for snacking. I keep a bag of sugar free popcycles in the freezer. Veggie burgers with thinwich for the bun with lots of lettuce, onion and tomatoes. I was surprised how few calories a pork chop has!

My secret is getting up really early and getting a long fast walk in before the game. Burn those calories. I also walk longer the day before and after to eat up some of those calories.

Shirley in Oregon.......GO DUCKS!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just eat, you wont get fat in a day.
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I find myself struggling to eat well when watching college football. I'm trying to change that, last week I had fresh stir-fry vegetables with lean beef (sirloin).

I'm trying to avoid pizza and fried wings. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Try making a "personal pizza" on a whole wheat tortilla with veggies, reduced fat cheese, and turkey pepperoni or sausage. It's not the same but for me it cures that craving. Have you tried kale chips? I thought they sounded gross at first but they aren't too bad. Sorry I don't have a link for a recipe but google it and you'll come up with a whole list. My usual snack is veggies and hummus...yum yum. Good luck! :)
  • JCES10
    JCES10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Personally, If I know I'm going to be in front of the tv and pigging out for 2 or 3 hours I would plan for it, for example I would eat less or exercise more before the tv event. Basically, earning the pleasure of ENJOYING a good tv time.