I need open diary friends into strength training!

Options
If you're losing weight by strength training mostly, with some cardio, or no cardio. Maybe women more than men because your daily calorie goals/macros are probably closer to mine.

I'd love to get more high protein low calorie meal ideas from your open diary until I reach my weight goal. People who are already at weight goal and are at maintenance and who log regularly will also be very helpful to me! I log honestly every day, occasional excesses and all lol.

I've reached a plateau and need inspiration!

Replies

• luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary, weight train and do cardio, but I dont eat clean. I eat tons of food (1700-2000 cal worth) every day.

If you want me as a friend, feel free to add me.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary, weight train and do cardio, but I dont eat clean. I eat tons of food (1700-2000 cal worth) every day.

If you want me as a friend, feel free to add me.
    Me too. Open diary, eat lots and IIFYM, so not clean. Just started weight training last week. I do lots of cardio though: kickboxing, walking, cycling... Mostly because I like to eat. :bigsmile: Add me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm bulking, but even when cutting I eat a ton! More than most males on this site, even those bulking with me.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you want inspiration, check out this thread, if you haven't already: there's 3 parts now: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/977538-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I want to start strength training also. So, I could use the support of other woman who do this. Thanks.
  • theslimapple
    theslimapple Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm doing mostly strength training but I have cardio days too.
  • theslimapple
    Options
    That's fine with me! I 'm thinking I maybe not eating enough and that's why I'm on a plateau...I'm just so sedentary outside of an hour at the gym 4 times a week....
  • theslimapple
    Options
    Oh, and if you want inspiration, check out this thread, if you haven't already: there's 3 parts now: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/977538-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky

Wow, thanks! This woman's starting point is very close to my own stats!
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Add me. Trying to lose and just started lifting two weeks ago. I'm in the process of learning trying to get high protein so I win some days and lose other but learning. I run too, so I need more carbs on run days, or I don't have the energy to pick up my feet. I have an open diary if your my friend.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I am just starting to get into lifting
  • xsava11x
    xsava11x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I strength train and do little to no cardio. My diary isn't the best but it may give you some ideas. I eat 1550 cals, and try to hit my macros as best I can. Add me if you want to take a look at it. That goes for anyone else as well.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    Most of my workouts are weight training/strength training with maybe 20 minutes cardio at the most. I used to worship the elliptical but now I am a muscle building enthusiast! I don't eat clean, at all. I have been following TDEE/IIFYM for the last couple of days so I eat what my macros dictate. Add me if you'd like, I am always on & love being supportive as well as receiving it :flowerforyou:
  • theslimapple
    Options
    Most of my workouts are weight training/strength training with maybe 20 minutes cardio at the most. I used to worship the elliptical but now I am a muscle building enthusiast! I don't eat clean, at all. I have been following TDEE/IIFYM for the last couple of days so I eat what my macros dictate. Add me if you'd like, I am always on & love being supportive as well as receiving it :flowerforyou:

Sounds great! I do about 20 minutes of cardio after my work outs too, sometimes..or between sets I'll do 5 minutes on the eliptical or treadmill hehe....I can't stand LONG cardio sessions! Unless I'm running outdoors on a not so HOT day!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary if you like. I lift heavy 3 times a week, and do yoga and cardio 1 time a week each. I eat 1800 calories and 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, and don't eat clean, I just hit my protein and calorie goals and try to get more fat into my diet. I also eat kinda weird foods/combos, so you may not find my diary very helpful, but knock yourself out if you want to look at it. It's public.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I eat a lot, high protein and mostly clean foods:)
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi there - feel free to add me if you like

I am a newbie heavy lifter - doing New Rules of Lifting for Women at home
    I also run three times a week
    2 jobs/2 kids
    Open diary - I don't consider myself a clean eater - but I do fairly well - I have a calorie goal of 1,500 (more on heavy burn days) and I am working hard to hit my macros 40/30/30

Good luck!! :-)
  • Claire_x90
    Options
    I try to do 6 days of strength training , two arm & abs days, two lowerbody (back, bum, legs) and abs days and two upper body (shoulders, chest, upper back) and abs days and one day off from the gym altogether.

lately it's been really really weak effort but feel free to add me and hopefully I start back into it more seriously soon!

as for high protein /low calorie things my three favourites

eggswhites and spinach microwave omlette
    cottage cheese mixed with cinnamon
    some brands of sugar free jelly
  • rypstorm
    rypstorm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I finished three months of lifting (Chalean extreme DVDs because DVDs work for me), and now I'm breaking things up with cardio for the next two months. I try to eat clean Monday through Friday at work, and on weekends I'm not so strict because I adjust to my kids and family. I'm in
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I do "old school" training - push day, pull day, and a leg day. Heavy weights and low reps. I also have been working on improving cardio by running on non-lifting days.

My diary is open and far from clean (think bacon).