Motivation for you

Options
Here is a link to my transforation story. I made it into a video. I hope you enjoy and I hope it encourages and motivates you to keep going and pushing through. Know that it can be done and that you can do it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyqP38KQqAQ

Replies

• lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    June, Thank you so much for sharing your story! You look fabulous. Congratulations! I hope to have a success story like yours.
    :happy:
  • 25daniow
    25daniow Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! You are a true inspiration. You look wonderful and more importantly I'm sure you feel even better:) I started this journey officially on July 24th and have lost 20lbs so far. I just started P90x last Monday and am loving it so far. I can't wait to see the results after 90 days:) You are just another motivating factor in the equation in my mind and I thank you! Best of luck for continued success and thanks so much for sharing your story!
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    Wow...you have worked hard! How long did it all take you? I'm worried about sagging skin when I'm where I want to be finally.
  • katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just watched your video and it was amazing, you should be extremely proud of what you've achieved. Thanks for sharing it x
  • losergirl78
    Options
    Talk about motivation!!! I am currently 320 lbs. now, I have been working out and eating right for 9 weeks and I have lost 5 lbs. I went to the doctor this last week and found out I'm not losing weight because I'm diabetic. I made a promise to my daughter and my husband, just this week, that I'm not doing yo-yo dieting anymore. This is my life change and I'm going to be around for a long time. Seeing you make the transformation from where I am to where I want to be just gave me that much more hope that I can do this and be successful!! Thank you so much for sharing your story!
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You've made me want to try P90x. Do you need lots of equipment for it? I'm going to add you :)

You're an inspiration!
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. Watching your video gives me inspiration. When I think it is impossible I see your picture on the site and know that I too can do this.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Nice video format and great story. Congratulations on all of your hard work.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am starting P90X tomorrow and this is what I needed! Thanks :)
  • tburnett80
    tburnett80 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome...
  • Texemgirl
    Texemgirl Posts: 142
    Options
    June, CONGRATS!!! You look FANTASTIC and I know you feel even better!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting this ... the timing could not have been better. It's just the inspiration I needed!!!

My story: I lost 99 lbs (probably 15-20 lbs more than that but I didn't weigh myself at the beginning) and was only 12 lbs from my original goal, but then I decided to quit smoking this summer and gained 27 lbs back. I just started over on Friday, 10/1/10, to finish my goal. I decided to lose an additional 5 lbs from my original goal, so I now have 44 lbs to lose. All I know is that I want to comfortably fit in a size 8 or 6 ... won't know until I get there. Before I gained the 27 lbs back, I was a 10/12 pant depending on the cut/brand. Being almost 5'3" I still looked chunky so that's why I decided to tack on the additional 5 lbs.

Seriously, I had a conversation with my provider this morning about how hard it is going to be to lose the 44 lbs (I just had several failed attempts). Do I have it in me ... do I want it bad enough to do the work? You just answered those questions ... YES, YES, and YYYEEESSS!!!

Again, thank you, June!!! I TRULY appreciate you posting your story.

Karen
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Talk about motivation!!! I am currently 320 lbs. now, I have been working out and eating right for 9 weeks and I have lost 5 lbs. I went to the doctor this last week and found out I'm not losing weight because I'm diabetic. I made a promise to my daughter and my husband, just this week, that I'm not doing yo-yo dieting anymore. This is my life change and I'm going to be around for a long time. Seeing you make the transformation from where I am to where I want to be just gave me that much more hope that I can do this and be successful!! Thank you so much for sharing your story!

You can do it!! I am proud you have made the decision to lose weight for your health and for your daughter and hubby. If you need anything, I mean anything feel free to contact me. Those days when you feel like "is it really worth it" get ahold of me cause I will tell you YES it is worth it!!! I am finally on the other side and it feels great. I am not giving up my workouts just because I have lost the weight. It is a huge part of my life and will be forever. Please never give up on your dreams, they will come true.
  • june_warner
    Options
    Wow...you have worked hard! How long did it all take you? I'm worried about sagging skin when I'm where I want to be finally.

My first 100 pounds only took about 10 months, then life happened and I went through a divorce. I finally decided to finish what I had started last Sept, so all in all about 20 months. And yes I do have skin issues but as you can see I can hide it well with clothes. It's not bad, but its a part of what I did to my body so I embrace it until the day I can afford a tummy tuck :)
  • june_warner
    Options
    You've made me want to try P90x. Do you need lots of equipment for it? I'm going to add you :)

You're an inspiration!

You can start out with just the resistance bands as I did. I have added alot of equipment cause I could see that this is something I was going to be doing forever. You can purchase the program and the bands through my link www.teambeachbody.com/june09 if you would like. If you have any further questions you can send me an email.
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options

My first 100 pounds only took about 10 months, then life happened and I went through a divorce. I finally decided to finish what I had started last Sept, so all in all about 20 months. And yes I do have skin issues but as you can see I can hide it well with clothes. It's not bad, but its a part of what I did to my body so I embrace it until the day I can afford a tummy tuck :)
    It's amazing to me, and this is something I've been thinking about a lot lately, that we can spend a lifetime ruining our bodies... but God is so good...we can repair that damage in a fraction of the time we took destroying it! If it took you 30 years to get overweight, and it took only 1-2 years to be in better health than you ever have been than it is a true testament that ANYBODY can do it.