No Carb Meals

Options
Hello,

I've been put on a no carb diet by my Dr and am needing some help coming up with some no carb recipes on a budget. Anyone mind sharing?

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    your doctor put you on this diet without giving you any suggestions for implementing it?

no carb, as in ketogenic?
    or no carb, like no potatoes, grains, etc?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    A no carb diet is virtually impossible, is it not?. I guess you just eat chicken all the time? lol
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Research the DASH Diet: http://www.dashdiet.org/
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A no carb diet is virtually impossible, is it not?. I guess you just eat chicken all the time? lol

that is what I was thinking. meat. meat. meat. And a complete lack of essential vitamins and nutrients from vegetables and fruits. I can suggest LOW carb but not NO carb.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Research the DASH Diet: http://www.dashdiet.org/

I see carbs on those plates...
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    no carb or low carb?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    that's virtually impossible, sorry man, but if you want LOW carb eat as much veggies and meat as you can but keep an eye on your macros.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    the dash diet actually has a balanced load of carbs, it is not carb free as seems to be the case on these boards.

9runwk.jpg
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    You can eat all meats, fowl, fish and/or seasfoods, mustard, margarine, certain spices and condiments ( check for carbs ) and the list below. That's pretty much it. Good Luck !
    Btw. I would probably get a second opinions from another doctor, because a no-carb diet is the most ridiculous and health destroying diet I know.

Cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, meunster cheese, camembert cheese, American pasteurized processed cheese
    Heavy whipping cream
    Regular mayonnaise
    Zero-carb beverages such as sodas
    Butterhead lettuce
    Artificial sweeteners
    Dry gelatin
    Gin, rum, vodka, whiskey
    Water, coffee, and tea if nothing is added
  • twhitaker2
    Options
    my nutritionist and doctor have me on a strict diet- 70-80 gms of protein, 30-50 gms of carbs, 20-30 gms of fat, and 700-900 calories a day. Keeping a low carb count is not impossible and it also helps to journal everything. I found the cheese sticks really good for snacks as well as sugar free jellos and puddings. Lots of certain veggies and low fat cheeses, water and lean meat like turkey will fill you up. I am a junk food junkie and lost 10 pounds in 4 days. Virtually everything has carbs.
    This is the site I've been using:

http://www.fatsecret.com/recipes
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    your doctor put you on this diet without giving you any suggestions for implementing it?

this ^^

Are you sure he said no carb and not low carb? Either should have included a sample diet plan or referal to a dietician, but a no carb diet would mean eating nothing but meat.

For a low carb diet, you would eat mostly meat and vegetables, probably no more than 1 serving of fruit. Only whole grains and little of those. Easy on the starchy vegetables. No added sugar.

You could google low carb meals and get many suggestions. www.diabetes.org is a good resource.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

I thought the same thing.

A lot of people say no carb when what they really mean is no starch. This is an important distinction.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Everything but meat & water has SOME carbs in it. I think you really need to ask your doctor to clarify more.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my nutritionist and doctor have me on a strict diet- 70-80 gms of protein, 30-50 gms of carbs, 20-30 gms of fat, and 700-900 calories a day. Keeping a low carb count is not impossible and it also helps to journal everything. I found the cheese sticks really good for snacks as well as sugar free jellos and puddings. Lots of certain veggies and low fat cheeses, water and lean meat like turkey will fill you up. I am a junk food junkie and lost 10 pounds in 4 days. Virtually everything has carbs.

This seems extremely ridiculous, you should probably go for a second opinion.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    No carbs? Even veggies have carbs! I've been low carbin' for about 17 months and stick to a 30g a meal ratio. I couldn't imagine having to do less than that. =/
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    www.genaw.com/lowcarb

www.cavemanketo.com
  • Jimaudit
    Options

Sugar free jello has around 17-19 carbs per tiny container... just sayin
  • cl_green
    Options
    Sorry everyone for saying NO carb when I guess I should have said LOW. I have been averaging around 9 - 10 grams of carbs a day.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I don't know a doc who would do that, weird.
  • cl_green
    Options

She did, I'm just looking for more.

I'm guessing I misspoke and should have said LOW carb instead of NO carb as I'm getting attacked on this post.