Last few pounds

Options
Hello, my name is Brandon and I should be at my goal weight within the month. I started around 250-255 and have since then lost about 60-65lbs and hope to reach my goal of 185 very soon. However, as the number gets closer and closer I've noticed it becoming harder and harder to get down those last few pounds and I was curious if anyone knew of any great workouts/ dietary paths I could follow to help the weight come off at a good rate, any general advice, hints, tips, tricks, would be greatly appreciated! I wish you all well with your goals! Thanks.

Replies

• lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i'm on my last five as well. have you readjusted your MFP settings to .5/ per week yet?
  • Joebob8
    Joebob8 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The last 5 are the worst!!! I'm slowly learning that the only "trick" is patience and dedication.....ugh
  • Brandon_1441
    Options
    MFP? I'm assuming you're talking about weight loss per week? If so, why do you recommend I lower it to half a pound a week?
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    MFP? I'm assuming you're talking about weight loss per week? If so, why do you recommend I lower it to half a pound a week?

because changing the goal will change the caloric measurements which are more in line with your metabolism now that you've lost so much weight. I saw it recommended multiple times here on the boards. when i did it, i lost 2 lbs.

It's definitely helping me tackle these last 5 lbs. In order to drop them, we have to make sure we are fueling our bodies and workouts efficiently. I'm sure there are others here who can chime in with more info - or you can start a new thread with a title "why change goals for last five lbs" or something like that

MFP = My Fitness Pal

Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE now that you are down to your last five lbs?